Cruise remorse--Millenium or Royal Caribbean Liberty???

micmacmissy

Okay, I've researched, and researched, and researched some more...I just booked a March 2008 cruise on the Millenium. I've only cruised once before (on the Mercury) and we were happy with it. We got a nice aft CC cabin. I should be happy, right????

Then I looked at some photos and read some reviews of the Liberty....now I'm having a little cruiser's remorse. It's not too late to cancel and rebook on RC...anyone cruised both of these? Have I made the right choice? We thought the food/service/atmosphere would be better on X...but now I'm reading the food has gotten worse on X, and the ship is looking rundown....and suddenly Liberty is looking better and better!

Any opinions????? Thanks.

Okay, I've researched, and researched, and researched some more...I just booked a March 2008 cruise on the Millenium. I've only cruised once before (on the Mercury) and we were happy with it. We got a nice aft CC cabin. I should be happy, right????

Then I looked at some photos and read some reviews of the Liberty....now I'm having a little cruiser's remorse. It's not too late to cancel and rebook on RC...anyone cruised both of these? Have I made the right choice? We thought the food/service/atmosphere would be better on X...but now I'm reading the food has gotten worse on X, and the ship is looking rundown....and suddenly Liberty is looking better and better!

Any opinions????? Thanks.

Having been on the Liberty OTS, but not the Millenium, I can easily say to be careful with photos of the Liberty. She is, by far, the prettiest ship I have sailed on with tons and tons of activities, but at times, it did feel somewhat crowded (like the 8:30 line to get into dinner, minutes before the promenade parades, etc)

Food, which is subject to opinion, is fantastic on the Liberty of the Seas. Great variation, always hot, soups great, salads crisp and fresh, and desserts are superb. Specialty Restaurants like CHOPS and PORTOFINOS are very elegant and do cost extra, but it is worth the price.

Since I don't know what type of cruiser you are, examine the following things and maybe it will help you choose the best choice:

1. Surfing on a cruise ship, elegant dining rooms, over 10 restaurants onboard, Ice Skating shows, beautiful mall with shops, pubs, restaurants, several pools, mini-golf, amazing spa and gym, large staterooms with big balconies, good service, good cuisine, and families/children (MARCH IS SPRING BREAK!) LIBERTY OF THE SEAS IS YOUR CHOICE

2. Little more elegant cruise experience, no onboard announcements, beautiful spas and pools, superb staterooms, elegant dining venues, good-excellent food, good service, intimate settings in bars/lounges, a little less children/families, and more intimate ports that don't accomodate ships with 4,000 people. MILLENIUM IS YOUR CHOICE

Hope this helps!!

We also briefly looked at the new RCCI ships but the passenger numbers are just not something we want to deal with at this point in cruising. We spend our days in traffic and waiting in lines everywhere we go. We just prefer not to take a chance with standing in line for vacation. I also feel you have a higher probability of illness on the larger ships due to the increased number of potential carriers.

Archived