New England / Canada Rental Cars

Hoosier Gal

I will be on a New England/Canadian cruise with my DH in early September. We enjoy renting a car while in port and taking in the the sights at our leisure. We are both photography buffs and hate seeing the perfect picture while trapped on a bus.

I would like to know which rental agencies are close to the ports. I really don't think we want to hassle with the traffic in Boston, but how about getting around in the other port cities? If you have rented a car in the New England/Canadian ports please tell me about your experience. ;)

I will be on a New England/Canadian cruise with my DH in early September. We enjoy renting a car while in port and taking in the the sights at our leisure. We are both photography buffs and hate seeing the perfect picture while trapped on a bus.

I would like to know which rental agencies are close to the ports. I really don't think we want to hassle with the traffic in Boston, but how about getting around in the other port cities? If you have rented a car in the New England/Canadian ports please tell me about your experience. ;)

Smart person! LOL. I have lived here all my life and find driving in Boston a daunting task, although I do it. You don't need a car in Old Port (Portland, ME) I go there several times a year and everything that is fun is within walking distance of the pier. Once you walk outside of Old Port there are mostly businesses and residences. The Portland public mrket is awesome! There are a bunch of eateries, shops. etc...from local farmers and merchants. It is a slice of real southern Maine life. I usually buy a lobster or two there when I visit my parents who live close by. Have a great time in New England. I love to travel but wouldn't want to live elsewhere. :)

Enterprise in New London is 'working on the details" but plan to accomodate cruiseship passengers. A RCCL rep of some sort was there today. They WILL arrange some sort of shuttle etc for us as they want the business. Their office is at 453 Colman st. (downtown). It is close to the ship but not within walking distance. They usually close at noon but are working on it. The young man seemed quite keen on the extra business they will no doubt get. For Portland, I also used Enterprise at their office at 1 Marginal Way (downtown). They will provide a shuttle to the port. I found their web brought up the airport locations but I was able to bring up other locations. I did call both offices and confirmed they will shuttle us (New London is working on it)

Archived