Christmas on the ship

We are booked for the Christmas sailing on the Pearl this year. I was wondering if anyone has sailed a Christmas cruise on NCL..if so were there any special activities? Last year we sailed the week before Christmas and the ship was decorated. So obviously the ship will be decorated this time around also. Are there any special activities for kids/teens? Thanks in advance!

~CruisinBiddle~

Yes, Christmas decorations and trees are put up throughout ther ship's public spaces. Similar to other holidays related with decorations such as Valentine's Day, Easter, Haloween, and Thanksgiving have.

The main dining rooms will have special menus. However, your cabin will not be decorated. Just puclic spaces.

Yes, Christmas decorations will be up. Check out the photos in the links in my signature, both these cruises were taken in early December.

Unless you're in a suite, don't expect any decorations in your cabin, you'll have to bring your own.

We were on the XMASS cruise on the Pearl last year.

XMASS eve there was a sing along in the atrium....about 40 carols....lots of people. they used the screen as a follow the bouncing ball with the lyrics.

Santa showed up on XMASS morning with gifts (coloring books and Dora stickers) for all the kids on board...he was surrounded by elfs and available for pictures in the main atrium.

Decorations were up...some of the music around the boat was XMASS.

That was about the extent of it.

As is typical NCL - it was nice, but not extravigant.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We were on the Wind a few years ago for X-mas. Other than a special dinner menu and decorations on the ship, there weren’t any events I can remember. Just a typical beautiful day in Hawaii.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS]John[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='CruisinBiddle']Thank you for everyone's quick response! Does anyone know if they have anything special for teens? We plan on bringing our own little Christmas tree for our room:D ..which I'm sure most people do. 5 more months!!!

~CruisinBiddle~[/quote]

[SIZE=3]We went on the wind this past Christmas and thinking about taking the star to Mexico this Christmas. Since my b-day is Christmas eve, I am now thinking I need to be some place nice every year. :p [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We got a little tree with lights already on it from Target. The kids put on small ornaments also from Target for the little table tree. My kids are 5,10 and 17. Now my 17 year old did not want to come to Hawaii so do not know about that age. The other ages had fun in the kids clubs. They did a singing play on Christmas with captain Lars (Loved him!!) reading the Christmas carol stories on stage. The crew also did a 12 days of Christmas singing skit was so cute. Santa comes on the ship and gives out gifts to all the children. I did see some teens there getting somethings. I think little radio things. Also the kids in the kids club went throughout the cruise singing Christmas carols. It was so much fun and we all really enjoyed our Christmas crusie. So much so that I want to do it again this year. [/SIZE]

CruisinBiddle-Come join us on the "Roll Calls - NCL" board. We have started a thread of fellow passengers for the Pearl Christmas cruise. We have not cruised NCL at Christmas time before but this will be our 3rd Cruise at Christmas. Last year we had a large group on the roll call boards and we scheduled our own "meet and greet".
We decorate our room including a string of multicolored lights. It creates such a delightful glow in the room that we will take the lights on all future cruises.

Archived