Mariner - RCCL transfers from port to airport

Hi there,

I'm having troubles organising a transfer from the port to the airport after the cruise. Delta have changed flight times on us so we now depart at 12pm. Now RCCL are telling me they can't book a transfer for me as the flight is before 12.30pm. However my understanding is that most people are getting off the ship at 8am?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? We are sailing Western Caribbean on MOS on 9 September back on 16 September

Cheers

Well, I'm not sure how many of you there are in your party. However, I would just rent a car (that's what we are doing). You can check Thrifty, Budget and hertz, and find out which is most cost effective (then turn it in at the airport). We are only paying $50 for a minivan (there are 6 of us). Hope it all works out for you. By the way, they have mid-size cars for $30. Good luck!

For our August cruise I originally with Delta had a 12:40 pm departure, but they changed it on me 5 times where the last one was 11:52 am. When I wanted to book my transfers RCCL told my TA that because it was before 12:30 pm they will not book my transfers. There are once in a while problems with the ship and customs where there are delays in everyone getting off the ship. What I did was to have Delta change my flight to a later time at no charge. Tell them that you are a cruise passenger and you have a problem with getting transfers because of them changing the time schedule.

I've looked into changing flights however, then the connecting one doesn't work and leaves hours between them. Might just look at renting a car then. When reading other Mariner travellers who have just come back from cruises, they seemed to have flights quite early - one as early as 11.30am so I'm hoping we will be okay.

Thanks

We rented a car from Budget last year and Avis this year. If you are uncomfortable driving, you can use a private shuttle service, like Arts Shuttle. (It'll probably cost less than RCI's shuttle, and you won't have to wait for a bus to fill up). Look on the East Coast Departures board for more information on arranging your own transport to the airport. (The most informative thread there is called something like "I work in Port Canaveral")

Make sure you tell RCI when you are boarding that you have an early flight and need to be placed in the first group to disembark. During the cruise, stop at the purser's desk to confirm this, and also tell your cabin steward that you need the early luggage tags.

You will be able to make that flight with time to spare, provided there is no problem with the ship returning on time and clearing customs/immigration. This rarely happens, so you have an excellent chance.

Are you from the Perth in Australia, or is there a more local town by the same name?

Thanks everyone, we have gone with hiring a car now, both for when we arrive so we have it for the day and can explore and then for when we get off the ship - soooo much cheaper than any other option out there and more convenient really.

We are from Perth in Australia! Fortunately we have driven on the opposite side of the road in European trips so we should be okay...

Thanks everyone, we have gone with hiring a car now, both for when we arrive so we have it for the day and can explore and then for when we get off the ship - soooo much cheaper than any other option out there and more convenient really.

We are from Perth in Australia! Fortunately we have driven on the opposite side of the road in European trips so we should be okay...

Since there is a possibility of being rushed on the way back to the airport (if anything slows down docking, customs, etc) I personally would not recommend Hertz. They are off site and they were kind of slow getting us back to the airport after our Disney vacation this December. They were waiting to fill the bus a little fuller before heading out.

I believe Budget is on site at the airport and very close to the port. Someone on the East Coast departures area in the I work in Port Canaveral thread posted that Budget in Cape Canaveral will match anyone elses prices. There are also coupon codes and additional information in the "The best of I work in Port Canaveral" thread.

Archived