Copper River/Wrangell-St Elias questions

Sisa

Hi,

We are going to be at the Princess Copper River lodge in August. We haven't found much information on activities in the area. Does anyone have any ideas for us? Princess lists a number of excursions, which we could do. However, I was interested in people's feedback.

We might book a tour that would compbine a boat trip, nature watch, and visit to an old prospector's camp, as well as a visit to Copper Center. How does that sound?

Also, does anyone know of any place in this area that one might book horseback riding?

Any information at all would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Lise

Hi,

We are going to be at the Princess Copper River lodge in August. We haven't found much information on activities in the area. Does anyone have any ideas for us? Princess lists a number of excursions, which we could do. However, I was interested in people's feedback.

We might book a tour that would compbine a boat trip, nature watch, and visit to an old prospector's camp, as well as a visit to Copper Center. How does that sound?

Also, does anyone know of any place in this area that one might book horseback riding?

Any information at all would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Lise

We did this tour and it was fun. There isn't much to see in Cooper Center but fortunately the lodge has a bus that goes there quite often.

We also did a flight seeing tour (not with Princess) and it was spectacular.

The Copper River Lodge is my favorite of all the Princess Lodges. The view from the great room will blow you away.

There's a lot of good information on the Alaska Ports of Call board. Just do some searching on Copper River.

I agree with the previous poster that you should look on the Alaska board. Do a search. There is a lot of information over there. If you can't find what you need, you would be better off posting the question on that board and letting the Alaska Gurus help you. They are Very helpful.

Good luck.

Archived