Scooter or powerchair on cruise?

I have both and have always taken the scooter. I usually can't eat dinner on it because it is too large for the table. I was thinking the power chair might be more practical for dinner but it is also heavier than the scooter and I am not sure they will want to lift it if I have to tender.

Hi Rhonda,

I'm a power chair user & have always used a power chair on the CZs I've taken since my accident. They're easier to get around the ship & ashore, take-up less room in your cabin(most line don't allow U to park in the hall) & I've never had any problems with tendering. I do rent a chair rather than trust the airlines with my chair. I rent from Care Vacations. They are great to deal with, have great equipment, & give you a phone# incase you have a problem. They have the chair in your cabin when you board & you leave it there at the end. I use my manual chair from home to the ship. It adds to the cost of your cruise but you don't have to worry about your power chair being trashed by the airlines. You can contact them at www.carevacations.com or 877-478-7827.

:)HAPPY CRUISING:)

Fil

unless you are sitting at a large dining table for 8 or more people where the others would have to squeeze to fit a scooter in, I can just not imagine that a scooter is too big. We always travel with a Pride Go-Go and get a table no larger than 4 and there is always plenty of room without anyone having to move or be squeezed. And we always make sure we have a table reasonably close to the entrance so we do not have to weave in and out between other tables and chairs.:)

Archived