Just spoke to Carnival - Learned something about E docs

flitter306

• 2 weeks later...

There are only two colors at this time for the Edoc version of the bagtag. The colors on the edoc bagtag signify a ship (everyone on the same ship has the same color) instead of a deck (paper documents version).

If you don't have a color printer it DOES NOT matter since the name of ship is printed in large bold letters on the tag. The new tags have a barcode and have been designed to get your luggage to your cabin quicker.

If you are a VIP guest it is also clearly denoted on the edoc bagtag so you can get your luggage quicker.

The new tag has all of you information and does not require you to fill in a whole bunch of blanks. Overall a much better solution and enables your bags to get sorted and delivered quicker to your cabin.

If you fold the paper tags as they tell you to you will be very surprised how strong they are. take a piece of paper and foldit like they say and ttry and tear it, that will show you haw strong they really are and put your mind at ease.

I prefer the paper docs in some ways but i do like getting the edocs, print them off, an start my dreams, oh boy! :p

If you fold the paper tags as they tell you to you will be very surprised how strong they are. take a piece of paper and foldit like they say and ttry and tear it, that will show you haw strong they really are and put your mind at ease.

I prefer the paper docs in some ways but i do like getting the edocs, print them off, an start my dreams, oh boy!

I think the e-doc tags are far superior to the old flimsy cardboard tags.

I know I will feel more secure that these new tags will still be on all my bags.

Plus with the room number in huge print right on there, plus the booking number in smaller print and the barcode, I'm sure it will take less time to get our bags where they belong.

Bill

We have always received our debarkation tags with other custom and debarkation information in our cabin towards the end of our cruises. Your cabin steward usually leaves them for you.

This is how we got all our tags for debarkation. It will follow if you get VIP tags for early flights, self debarkation you don't need any. For normal color tag all the tags should be given by the cabin steward the last night. If you are doing the platinum thing you get special tags. Also you can get tags from the CCL portors before you go thru embarkation where you give the luggage they have a list of room numbers and all the colored tags. (you need to take the time to fill out) You don't really have to worry about the e-docks tags or color. To each their own.

E-doc luggage tag question- it says to wrap it around the handle-

doesnt it get in the way of the porters etc handling the baggage??

where can I get those white thingees that we used to hang tags from suitcases from?

Archived