balconies with limited views, poor location or set-up?

Allis154

I am trying to decide on weither or not to give up my 'sweet 16' balcony for a guarantee for a saving of $1200 for the cabin. :confused: The considerations are:

1) Am I likely to get stuck with a lousy cabin/balcony, if such a thing exists?

2) I am doing a b2b in the same cabin. Is the hassle of packing worth $1200?

3) Given that we are just getting to the final payment stage, and there are lots of cabins available, and that the cabin is $3 more than what I paid for it, the price is likely to go down.

4)If I decide to go with the guarantee, could a request for a specific cabin be made, given that I am doing a b2b?

So many questions, so few answers. What do you all think?:confused:

I am trying to decide on weither or not to give up my 'sweet 16' balcony for a guarantee for a saving of $1200 for the cabin. :confused: The considerations are:

1) Am I likely to get stuck with a lousy cabin/balcony, if such a thing exists?

There are not many really bad balcony cabins. You could get one with a window washing platform parked by it though. Even that is worth $1200 I think.

2) I am doing a b2b in the same cabin. Is the hassle of packing worth $1200?

Your room steward will have someone help you move. He will bring a rolling cart with place for hangers so you don't have to pack clothes in the closet. Now, that's worth $1200 any day.

3) Given that we are just getting to the final payment stage, and there are lots of cabins available, and that the cabin is $3 more than what I paid for it, the price is likely to go down.

? Don't understand what you are saying.

4)If I decide to go with the guarantee, could a request for a specific cabin be made, given that I am doing a b2b?

Well, it's a guarantee, and that means no assigned cabin. You could ask though. I have asked to change cabins after a guarantee was assigned and was accomodated after initial hesitation by X agent.

So many questions, so few answers. What do you all think?:confused:

We were originally on the 28 Sep sailing with you. I had to change due to a wedding we need to attend.

I think you will be OK with either choice. It depends on how much the money means to you in the scheme of things. It would buy a lot of shore excursions or martinis (if you drink alcohol).

Archived