Help, please!

cotto22

I'm so excited for you. I know you'll love the adventure of sailing on Seabourn. Although I've only been on two cruises so far, both to the Caribbean, I'm just amazed at how comfortable I feel on their ships, how "at home" I find myself. You mentioned you like dressing up, so do I, and Seabourn is the place to do it. Everyone always looks great, morning noon and night. Formal night is my very favorite.

Maybe we'll run into each other in the Caribbean one of these days. That's where I like to hang out. I'm on the Pride just after you, Nov. 17 - Dec. 1. I hope you have a memorable cruise.

Jane

I am sure you will enjoy you first (and it won't be last) Seabourn cruise.

What the $400 referral refers to are coupons given to past guests who give them to people they refer and each (the past guest and the new guest) each get a $400 on board credit.

If the people I meet on Seabourn are as pleasant as those who post here, I know we will be in good company. Not to be critical, but when I used to read and occasionally post on the Radisson/Regent boards, there were a few rather critical types who seemed to complain about everything and anything!

For Roz, here is my email address. Thanks.

cotto22@sbcglobal.net

Cotto22.....there is a good reason for the lack of complaints on this board...there are very few occasions when one could complain. We are more than happy campers...we are thrilled with each trip that we take. Lola

Eric...Thanks for the comparison.

I will be on the Regent Mariner from Auckland to Los Angeles this December for 19 days. this will be my first Regent cruise. I am also on the March 17, 2008 crossing on SB, and for SB, it's my first time. It will be interesting, but I believe you are right - at least from other posts I've read. Thanks, again. Jini

Ms. J.,

Thanks. :) Enjoy your cruises.

Even with the pod issue on Mariner (which only slows her down a bit), it is the best of the Regent ships for that sort of cruise. It will be a good comparison to your following Seabourn cruise...and I don't think you will be looking back, so don't rush into an on board booking while on Regent; save them for Seabourn!;)

I have not been on Seabourn yet, but I will have my 3rd Silversea criuse on December 1 and my 10th Royal Plantation stay and 12th visit there on August 31.

I wrote a Silversea vs. Royal Plantation comparison that is very detailed a while back that I could send you if you email me at debbieh103@aol.com.

I absolutely love both and am sure I'd love Seabourn and do plan to go on them in the next year or two.

We have stayed in every room category at Royal Plantation and know everyone there quite well. That is a huge draw for us. With 77 rooms, service is very personal, and we've been through every chef and GM and food and beverage manager. Certainly, this wins over the ships on rooms. Even the lowest room category is large and has a sitting area and French balcony. You can stay in the HUGE Prime Minister Suite many times of the year for $1000 a night, which is what we've paid for verandah on Silversea both times. In the fall, we booked Medallion, and this is costing far more than our Prime Minister at RP.

On RP, lunch includes things like lobster BLT, lobster feta salad, etc., and these are daily items.

Dinners at RP are lovely no matter where you dine, and you can usually center your evening around the show, wherever it is held. You do get service on the beach - mango mimosas, rose water misting, food orders, fruit trays, etc. You can have lobster every night in season.

At RP, caviar is not included, and you would pay extra for Vieve Cluoqot (sp), but about everything else is included. The spa is fabulous. You can get internet for $40 for a week or get the wifi on the tea terrace. There are a few daytime activities, but a lot of the experience is laying around or chatting with others or whatever.

You cannot beat a Jamaican experience, especially in an upscale place. I can't even describe how I feel when we go to RP.

Now, with Silversea, we had two different yet similar experiences. We went once on Whisper and once on Wind. The smaller ship was more intimate, while the bigger ship had more amenities and still great service. We went to many islands and saw so many things. Sitting on a scooter going from beach to beach in Il de Saintes or sitting on the balcony watching the ship go in and out with the man I love are cherished memories, and just the idea of dragging him to the Middle East w/o (much) complaint tells me how much we both love Silversea.

After only 2 cruises, we already know the menus on SS, but we do enjoy the food there, and the timing flows well into the show time. I wish they'd figure out what to do w/ the wine restaurant and do a "2" type deal on SS. I think that is one of the Seabourn edges. I haven't even sailed Seabourn and have their menus somewhat memorized. I would say people love the food on luxury lines but repeaters want more variety. This isn't so much an issue at RP. There are more choices.

I think your decision is a fun one to make, and any of the choices will be fabulous. Let me know if I can answer anything specific.

DebbieH, thanks for your detailed post. Although we did book the Seabourn cruise, I have heard many wonderful things about Jamaica's Royal Plantation and would love to visit it someday. I would love to read your complete analysis and will email you for that entire posting.

At this point in time, the Seabourn cruise seemed the right vacation for us. Although the trip was supposed to be kind of a getaway for my birthday in September, I think the November sailing will work out well since I will be suffering from the dreaded empty nest syndrome with my youngest going off to college. Getting ready for it, planning shore excursions, etc will keep me from feeling sad!

We have never done a Silversea cruise, although I have lurked on their boards. I must say that the Seabourn conversations are a lot more complimentary. Everyone here seems to love Seabourn and they all are repeat cruisers. Hope we can be too.

Everyone I have met on Silversea just loved it. Seabourn almost always is more expensive. I would expect it to be good. I really had my eye on the 2 for 1 fares Seabourn has in November and December, but the one I would have liked overlaps our Dubai to Mumbai cruise. Those rates they came out with start out at about $650 a night per couple.

I got your email and will send you the report. I will be anxious to hear what you have to say about Seabourn upon your return.

Archived