visa

hampshire

Can anyone tell me if my brother needs a visa for Canada. He is a UK citizen with a UK passport. He will be flying to New York to board the QM2. Splendours of the Fall cruise in September - he will be joining my wife and I. Cunard did not know. The requirements have changed for the USA - not sure if the UK has also.Thank you.

I called Cunard today regarding this same question - they did not know the answer. My brother and his wife will also be flying from the UK to join the Queen Mary 2 in New York. I received a letter from Cunard regarding our own cruise yesterday as US citizens we do not require a visa for Canada.

I've got a similar question: The first time I visited New York was in 1998. I got a multiple entry visa that was valid indefinitely. The visa is stamped in a passport that expired in November 1993.

I seem to remember that when I visited after 1993 I had to show my old passport with the visa in it as well as my new passport - I couldn't just apply to go on the visa waver scheme because I'd already had a visa issued. Is that still the case?

Has any British Citizen travelled to the US on a visa issued in an expired passport? Or has anyone who's had a visa issued subsequently entered the US on the visa waver scheme?

Canadian Immigration is a breeze. You need no visa, nor paperwork, nor an early morning get up.

Provided you are a British CITIZEN.

British SUBJECT might be different.......

Matthew

Stop frightening people with references to the British Nationality Act 1981. The present chaos in US passport, visa, and immigration rules is scary enough.

Paul

Canadian Immigration is a breeze. You need no visa, nor paperwork, nor an early morning get up.

Provided you are a British CITIZEN.

British SUBJECT might be different.......

Matthew

Stop frightening people with references to the British Nationality Act 1981. The present chaos in US passport, visa, and immigration rules is scary enough.

Paul

I didn't mean to scare anyone. Far from it - but it would be very sad for someone to arrive at Southampton/New York and find that their holiday was off.

Matthew

I didn't mean to scare anyone. Far from it - but it would be very sad for someone to arrive at Southampton/New York and find that their holiday was off.

Matthew

Very true, but those of ambiguous status (a British Protected Person, perhaps) must already be aware of their unusual condition. And they have only to check with the more efficient of their consul or forger to make do. I wonder if that f-word will trigger a DHS auto-scan alert (hey, guys, it's a joke, OK?).

Paul

Archived