help...Carnival or Royal

I have five kids and cruise with them regularly on Royal Caribbean. Great kids program. We have always had a wonderful time and I LIKE THE FOOD. The ships are elegant! We cruised on Jewel of the Seas in DEC 2005 for a family reunion with 18 months old to 70's. ALL ages HAD A BLAST.

Good Luck and GET OUT THERE!

I can't believe some people feel that the food on Carnival is better. But than I started to wonder what food. I guess the pizza, burger and fries might be better, but certainly nothing else in my opinion. On our Carnival cruise, the food is one reason why we have not chosen Carnival again. Of course, the food on all cruises is better than home, so have fun!

hmmm...I have never eaten the pizza or beef burgers on Carnival or RCCl, I don't eat red meat, but I love the sushi and fish entrees on Carnival and they have veggie burgers.

The food on RCCL was not horrible by any means. There was definitely a much larger selection in the Windjammer buffet and I found the Windjammer to be very tasty for breakfast and lunch. But as far as the dining room goes I just really had a hard time finding something that I even wanted to eat on the menu and the selection seemed smaller and what I did order was not very flavorful and I don't even want to talk about the deserts. I love to dine on a cruise and dinner is something I look forward to but RCCL's dinner menu is pretty uninspired IMHO.

Although the dinning experience is very "cheesy" with the music and dancing waiters etc. on Carnival I feel the selection and flavour of the menu items is superior to RCCL. But you could say I am "weird" when it comes to food as one of my favorite breakfast buffet menu items on my Explorer cruise was the miso soup, and yes I did say breakfast...lol:p

Hands down for me would be the Mariner. Especially for the kids.So much more for them to do. We went on the Carnival Liberty and I was looking forward to the food because I was told it was so much better than RCCI. I didn't find that was the case at all. However,I believe Carnival does make better presentations of their food. There is always something going on on the Promenade.

Good luck. You'll have a great time anyway.

...I don't eat red meat, but I love the sushi and fish entrees on Carnival and they have veggie burgers.

I guess we figured out the food thing. My opinion was more red meat based (except lobster) and yours was more fish based. I would have to admit that I have never had a veggie burger on a cruise, so Carnival might have the best and I am not a big seafood eater. I also love sushi and miso soup, but I have to admit, not for breakfast. Your a freak! :eek: haha. Have a great time on your cruise! :)

Archived