Specialty Restaurants on the Spirit

E&B

We're sailing on 7/29 and everything I've been reading lately (reviews etc) knocks the system for getting reservations for dinning. Does anyone have any tips on how to get those coveted reservations? And do we need to make reservations for the main dinning rooms?

I know what you mean...I just finished reading the two latest reviews, however, those 2 reviews are very similar...I would almost bet that they were submitted from the same family (funny how they both commented on children kicking chairs prior to embarkation and their similar complaints to the soda cards)...I don't believe you need reservations for the main dining room(I think maybe if you want a specific seat or if you have a large party who want to be seated together) I am also sailing on the 07/29 Spirit and I refuse to let the few negative reviews, etc have an impact on my cruise...I have yet to go on a cruise and consider it bad!! If I am lucky enough to get reservation in the specialty restaurants..that will be great, if I don't, oh well....how can one complain about dining in one of the dining rooms (it beats being home and shopping, preparing and cooking your meals)..

We're sailing on 7/29 and everything I've been reading lately (reviews etc) knocks the system for getting reservations for dinning. Does anyone have any tips on how to get those coveted reservations? And do we need to make reservations for the main dinning rooms?

You do not need to make reservations at the Main Restaurants or Buffet.

To get reservations for a Speciality Restaurant, be it surcharged or free, see the Maitre d' at the restaurants, see the Reservations counter in the atrium, or call the phone number you'll find in your cabin by the phone. You can only reserve a table a day in advance, so if the restaurant you wish to book is full tonight, reserve a table for tommorrow night. If tommorrow night's book solid too, get up earlier tommorrow and reserve a table for the following night.

Ditto what electricron said.

If you have a favorite specialty restaurant or two, and you manage to board early, go to the atrium and make your reservations for that day or the next as as soon as you board.

If you want to book later in the voyage, go to the reservations desk first thing in the morning when it opens, I believe it is 7am. I tried to call by phone starting at 7am and couldn't get through. People will be lining up at the desk first thing so get there early.

If you are lucky enough to have concierge service you can get help with reservations!;)

I think some people forget there are over two thousand passengers aboard and the restaurant they want to reserve has less than a hundred seats. The speciality restaurants are much smaller than the main dining rooms.

If 2100 are aboard, and the speciality restaurants hold only 300 passengers, figure into the figures two servings per table, that doubles the number of passengers able to dine each night. So around twenty-five percent can dine each night in a speciality restaurant

Unfortunately, it seems more passengers wish to dine in the speciality restaurants. Why passengers wish to pay much more for specialize meals when the main dining rooms offer good continental food menus is beyond me?

I have found the food better in the main dining rooms than in the buffet. You have a great opportunity to have menus which can not be found locally, especially in a small town. But it appears many wish to eat steaks anyway.

I have never ate lamb before I cruised. Lamb can not be found in my small hometown. I have discovered that lamb is more tender and juicy than steaks. Unfortunately, more than three-fourths of us won't try or touch lamb for the first time. In our world, more people eat lamb than beef.

I agree with Don - I was always happy with the main restaurants on the Spirit. Not wild about the buffet, however. Then again, I don't like buffets in general.

Another odd thing about the last 2 reviews - at the top they indicate they were in category AB - if so, why would they be standing in line for reservations at 6:30 a.m.? Why didn't they use the concierge? Maybe they didn't know that's one of the perks for the suites?

Hi all! I'm a new member, but I have been reading the member reviews for a few months. My family and I are going on the Spirit on 8/4, but we went on the one night dinner/dance on June 16, and found that we did not like the buffet restaurant very much.

I think we're going to try Cagney's this time. We usually go to LeBistro or the Japanese restaurant for the specialty dinner.

I will let you all know how Cagney's was!!:cool: :cool:

Hi All, We were on the Spirit in April we will be going on the Spirit again next month (August 18) We went to Tappenacki and Cagneys and the Italian resturants. They were all good. If you are in a AB Suite you can call on the consierge and check on this not sure but you may get to eat breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. The main resturants were taking reservations.

Archived