Buccaneer tour

BBG

Has anyone done the Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran tour? I found their information from the link above this forum (Grand Cayman Cruise Shore Excursions) If someone has already asked I apologize because I have not spent lots of time reading the other posts here.

Thanks for any info on this tour/company.

I used them last year. They were good, except they got us back one hour late, after promising we would be back in time. We had about 20 minutes to get souvenier trinkets for kids and that was it. Using Nativeway (Sharon) this time....good price also..

Happy sailing!

We did the Buccaneer in January. It was really nice - everything went smoothly. I had never snorkeled before, and they weren't very helpful. But other than that, I really enjoyed the whole excursion. They do make sure everyone gets a chance with the Stingrays. The boat ride was very pleasant. One last thing I want to mention is that you can haggle on the pictures, that they take. We did not know this and I think she wanted to charge us $30 for the pictures. We left all our money and Credit cards on the ship, so we didn't have enough to purchase the pictures. The lady then came and asked us how much money we had and we told her $15 (which we had more, but we wanted to get lunch) and she gave it to us for $15. We told another family, on the Buccaneer, and they only paid $5 for their pictures. They take pictures of everyone with the Stingrays and they will put everyone in your party pictures on a CD.

We did Buccaneer tour last August and had a great time with them. They were very knowledgable about the rays and reefs but they did not give thorough snorkel instructions. My kids and I snorkeled before so we had a great time.

Learn to snorkel before go on these excursion. Time on these excursion are valuable so use them to snorkel not to learn how.

I am now confused because there seem to be 2 ships/tours called the Buccaneer. They seem identical as far as I can tell except one is listed with Island Marketing (I linked from the GC Cruise Shore Excursion site) and the other is with Captain Bryan. Both tours run from 10:30-1:30 and take you on 50ft catamarans called the Buccaneer. They go to the same places and both have a "cash bar" on board. Are they one and the same? Anyone??? I have e-mailed them both and received an auto-reply from Captain Bryan and an availability response from Island Marketing. If anyone has info to clarify I would really appreciate it!

We did the Bucanneer with Captain Bryan and it was fine apart from the fact that we had to hang around for about an hour outside their offices waiting for others to turn up, which took the edge off it slightly. The rest of the trip was fine, but as we didn't snorkel at that time we just relaxed on the boat. I think we'd try someone else.

I am now confused because there seem to be 2 ships/tours called the Buccaneer. They seem identical as far as I can tell except one is listed with Island Marketing (I linked from the GC Cruise Shore Excursion site) and the other is with Captain Bryan. Both tours run from 10:30-1:30 and take you on 50ft catamarans called the Buccaneer. They go to the same places and both have a "cash bar" on board. Are they one and the same? Anyone??? I have e-mailed them both and received an auto-reply from Captain Bryan and an availability response from Island Marketing. If anyone has info to clarify I would really appreciate it!

It's the same...

We used capt Bryan and had a GREAT time!

Thank-you for clarifying! Did you book directly through Captain Bryan's site or use Island Marketing/Shore Excursion site to make the arrangements? I assume Island M. is a booking agent for various tours and tour operators. I have seen them list tours for many Caribbean islands.

Thank-you for clarifying! Did you book directly through Captain Bryan's site or use Island Marketing/Shore Excursion site to make the arrangements? I assume Island M. is a booking agent for various tours and tour operators. I have seen them list tours for many Caribbean islands.

We booked direct with Capt Bryan - it was easy and they didn't ask for advance payment, we just paid at the office on arrival. Have a great time, it;s a lovely trip.

We used Island Marketing.

Had a difficult time getting a return email from Capt Bryan. We received an automated email, then sent a question to him with no response.

Island Marketing responded very quick.

Enjoy the Rays!

Thanks a lot for the booking info. Another quick question...the tour begins @ 10:30 (so they say to meet about 10:00) is ship and island time the same in August??? I see that GC does not observe Daylight S.T. Also, "KOOLBEANS" if you read this...you said they got you back an hour late. So did you arrive @ 2:45 instead of 1:45 back at the tender pier? Rhapsody is at CG until 4pm so I was not concerned about it being a rush back to the ship but if the last tender is about 3pm that would cut it close if the tour ran late! Anyone else worry about the time issue while on this tour? Hopefully not! Thanks again for all the info and replies.

Archived