Caribbean Pirates Extravaganza

Bob and Linda

Has anyone ever taken this excursion or know anything about it? We'll be sailing on the Carnival Miracle in January and are thinking about giving it a try. Carnival lists the cost as $50 - $99. What is the actual cost and is it worth using up 4 of our 8 hours in St. Lucia?

If you like playing pirates for the day then it's worth it. The ship sails over to a small island that has no amenities for a scavenger hunt. I chose to snorkel instead. the water was gorgouse. Plenty of fish and coral to view. I was able to climb the mast, fire the canon, and stir the ship. The best part was being able to layout on the deck topless in the warm caribbean sun.

Angela

• 2 weeks later...
If you like playing pirates for the day then it's worth it. The ship sails over to a small island that has no amenities for a scavenger hunt. I chose to snorkel instead. the water was gorgouse. Plenty of fish and coral to view. I was able to climb the mast, fire the canon, and stir the ship. The best part was being able to layout on the deck topless in the warm caribbean sun.

Angela

What would be an appropriate age for this excurison? My niece is really interested in this one. She is only 14. Did you have to board a small boat to get to the island?

THanks

Any age is fine. There were young children under 6 on our excursion, you can purchase a play sword, eye patch and bandana for them to play with. There were several families with all age (teens too). it is family friendly. There is a bar serving rum punch and soft drinks and you can purchase t-shirts as well.

The island they bring you to is beautiful! If you want to do the scavenger hunt, then be in the group to go to the island. That is when they give out the clues.

Enjoy!

Archived