Renting a van and driving to Grote Knip

Crockett

We have a group of 3 couples plus my husband and I. I am trying to talk them into renting a van from Avis and I want to drive to the west side beaches- Grote Knip, Cos Abou, PortoMari. Gradually work our way back to the ship maybe walk around floating market abit? I have been to Curacao a few times before scubadiving so I have been to Kontiki, Directors Bay, Caracas Bay. Every since I saw those pictures of the beaches from NoNo Nanette I have become obsessed with going to those beaches. Now I can't get to her pictures to show them.

How can I convince them it will be worth it to go out on our own and not spend the day at Kontiki-again.. I love Kontiki I just want to explore more of Curacao this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Crockett,

You are right, that is one of the best things to do!

How to convince them?

1. Show them this link, for the beaches you intend to visit:

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Curacao/index.htm

2.I do not know how at ease they are with the idea to move west on their own. One new service I introduced last season was: LCP.

Witch stands for Local-Co-Pilot. With this service I will provide you with someone that will show you the way and also be time effective.

It is also cost saving, compared to a Tour.

I have had many that used this service last year and they liked it!

If interested contact me direct for more details.

regards,

Henry"Leo"plaate

Rent-A-Guide

Sounds like that is perfect for us. I enjoy exploring Curacao on our own. I have read many replys from you on these boards and you are very helpful. I showed my friends the pictures of some of those beaches and you should have seen their faces.. they do want to rent a van. Adventure of the Seas is the only ship in port on Oct. 3 so I wouldn't imagine a problem gettin a van. I will be emailing you soon.

Jane (ariestravelr@comcast.net)

Archived