ANOTHER formal night question... Overdressing?

frexpar

My DH is not a dress up kind of guy (he's blue collar all the way) and wears nothing but jeans and T-Shirts. He owns 1 suit that we bought for his grandmothers funeral. It's a beautiful tan suit. with a nice tie etc. Will this be acceptable for Formal Night? There is no way I could get him into a Tux so this is all I can do. I just want to make sure that he won't stand out. I want to dress up to the nines (I've found some georgous gowns on E-Bay.. thanks for that little tip ;) ).

I just want to make sure that we are dressed appropriately.

My DH is not a dress up kind of guy (he's blue collar all the way) and wears nothing but jeans and T-Shirts. He owns 1 suit that we bought for his grandmothers funeral. It's a beautiful tan suit. with a nice tie etc. Will this be acceptable for Formal Night? There is no way I could get him into a Tux so this is all I can do. I just want to make sure that he won't stand out. I want to dress up to the nines (I've found some georgous gowns on E-Bay.. thanks for that little tip ;) ).

I just want to make sure that we are dressed appropriately.

This will do just fine, my dear. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks everyone once again for your responses... now if I can just decide what to do in Cozumel.

Just take a taxi over to Paradise Beach. All you have to do is exit the end of the pier terminal and there will be tons of taxis waiting. The beach and chairs are free as long as you drink and perhaps buy some food. They have all sorts of toys to use there. Some are free and some are at a cost. There is an inflatable mountain in the ocean that people climb up (if they can) and slide down the other side. There is also trampolines and floats. A couple of years ago I went with my daughter, boyfriend's brother and 3 other guests on a banana boat ride (don't remember what the cost was) and had a blast. After a few hours there, go back to the pier terminal and enjoy the shops and FAT TUESDAYS:p

I will agree with an earlier person about being in the minority with a tux, but just for the record we always dress up in tuxes, cos it's not very often we get the opportunity to do it. However, on our last Carnival cruise we saw less than 10 people with a tux on, which just made us look smarter :D

I will agree with an earlier person about being in the minority with a tux, but just for the record we always dress up in tuxes, cos it's not very often we get the opportunity to do it. However, on our last Carnival cruise we saw less than 10 people with a tux on, which just made us look smarter.

About 5 cruises ago, we bought DH a Tux. He enjoys wearing it as most of the time we cruise with 4 or 5 couples and most of the men wear a tux.

I will agree with an earlier person about being in the minority with a tux, but just for the record we always dress up in tuxes, cos it's not very often we get the opportunity to do it. However, on our last Carnival cruise we saw less than 10 people with a tux on, which just made us look smarter.

About 5 cruises ago, we bought DH a Tux. He enjoys wearing it as most of the time we cruise with 4 or 5 couples and most of the men wear a tux.

On our last cruise on the Coral Princess I wore my formal kilt. Two others also wore formal kilts...and none of us felt out of place or over dressed...and of course none of us worried about it anyway!!

Kilts are very nice :D

To the OP: A tux will be perfect. Don't let the people who don't understand the meaning of the word 'formal' talk you out of it. :)

My Dh enjoys wearing his tux on formal nights. I enjoy looking at him in it.

Wear a tux is that's what you want to wear! Believe me, we gals L-O-V-E looking at you guys all dressed up and lookin' so FINE!!!!

I don't give a .....care... what everyone else is wearing, I only have eyes for the one and only man in my life who dresses up on those special occasions because he thinks I'm worth it! And, being the genteel southern lady that I am...(most of the time ;) )....I make sure he knows how much I appreciate his thoughtfulness! ;) :D

What ship is it that has "clothes optional"? for the love of Pete, SHARE!!!!! :eek:

There is just something about the site of a man in a tux. So James Bond - man of mystery, danger, intrigue! Add in a little Cary Grant - so smooth, suave and sophisticated! My heart starts beating faster!!!! Definitely go for the tux!!!

You forgot about Fred Astaire!!! Nobody carried themselves in a tux better than Fred Astaire.

There is just something about the site of a man in a tux. So James Bond - man of mystery, danger, intrigue! Add in a little Cary Grant - so smooth, suave and sophisticated! My heart starts beating faster!!!! Definitely go for the tux!!!

I agree 150%. There is nothing sexier than a man in a tuxedo unless he's wearing USMC dress blues! :D (A little biased there! lol)

Archived