Where does the ship dock in San Juan

CraigRDR1

Im told that the ships dock right in Old San Juan (walking distance to the old town)..Is this true??

Sailing on the Crown Princess 8/19-8/28...spending a full day in San Juan mid cruise..any info would be really helpful

thanks!!!

The Crown stops in the Old San Juan pier, right in the old city. We drove down to look at it on Wednesday just because we just booked it for this December and I'm a wee bit excited :D .

When OSJ is the embarkation port, however, it uses the Panamerican Pier on the other side of the bay.

The Crown stops in the Old San Juan pier, right in the old city. We drove down to look at it on Wednesday just because we just booked it for this December and I'm a wee bit excited :D .

When OSJ is the embarkation port, however, it uses the Panamerican Pier on the other side of the bay.

Thanks!!! Thats very helpful...

We will be arriving on the Liberty of the Seas in November and I was wondering what pier RC uses for port calls? I'd like to know ahead of time if we will have to use a taxi to get to and from the pier of if we'll be lucky enough to be at the pier in Old San Juan. Does anyone happen to know? Also we arrive at 3pm and want to see the fort, is it safe to attempt this on our own or should we stick to an organized walking tour?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Happy Cruizin!!

Freedom uses the new pier in Old San Juan, so I would assume Liberty will use that one too.

There are lots of threads about what to do in SJ if you arrive at 3 pm, so you may want to look at those for ideas :) . But from what I've read here, people recommend taking a cab up to the fort (El Morro) so you can be sure to get in before closing, and then walking back to the pier after you're done at the fort.

Im told that the ships dock right in Old San Juan (walking distance to the old town)..Is this true??

Sailing on the Crown Princess 8/19-8/28...spending a full day in San Juan mid cruise..any info would be really helpful

thanks!!!

Docked in Old San Juan on Crown last week...Pier 4. Was able to walk to the downtown/shopping area. Was an unhill walk but definitely doable even with very hot weather! There is a lot of construction and reconstruction going on in this area. It is quite scenic and has a lot of charm.

We're sailing out of SJ in December on the Crown and our booking reflects Pier 4 for embarkatoin/disembarkation, not Panamerican.

Hmm, interesting... we're sailing in December too but I don't have documents yet. Last season I saw the Crown at the Panamerican pier, but of course they may very well change for this year. The Golden also used to dock at the Panamerican. As soon as the Crown repositions here in October I'll check it out! :)

Archived