? NameGame/ZoneHPH

fitters

I know you two will help me. ;) I was able to get into the New York Marriott East Side Hotel. Is this a good location? I tried the Marquis but they are sold out for the second night we need them, so is this a good choice? We have back up reservations at the Marriott Financial Center.

Thanks!

Very good choice, very much in the center of everything. Right down the block from Bloomingdales, very close to Rockefeller Center and Central Park. I would pick this area over the Financial Center. If I'm not mistaken, I think the President has stayed there on a couple of visits (not that this means anything) :rolleyes: .

Zone is still on vacation, lucky him he missed the whole pipe explosion.

Very good choice, very much in the center of everything. Right down the block from Bloomingdales, very close to Rockefeller Center and Central Park. I would pick this area over the Financial Center. If I'm not mistaken, I think the President has stayed there on a couple of visits (not that this means anything) :rolleyes: .

Zone is still on vacation, lucky him he missed the whole pipe explosion.

Great! Thanks Name Game! I was in Teaneck, NJ during the "explosion" week. Just got back yesterday....was suppose to be back home Friday, but lovely NWA cancelled my flight.....then cancelled the re-booked flight they gave me for yesterday morning.....finally made it back on a Continental flight by using standby...what a mess.

Anyway....looking forward to NYC at the end of September....and we are NOT booked with NWA. :p

let me just fill you in on the steam pipe. i was napping in our beach house for the week in the OBX (Kill Devil Hills to be exact). when my dad comes in and says...a steam pipe exploded in midtown.

so naturally i woke up and watched the news. i would not have been asked to cut my vacation short. but i did have to report in once we arrived back. came back saturday...went in sunday for 12hr shift.

i thank my partner Name Game for covering for me. i concur with her assessment of your hotel choice.

let me just fill you in on the steam pipe. i was napping in our beach house for the week in the OBX (Kill Devil Hills to be exact). when my dad comes in and says...a steam pipe exploded in midtown.

so naturally i woke up and watched the news. i would not have been asked to cut my vacation short. but i did have to report in once we arrived back. came back saturday...went in sunday for 12hr shift.

i thank my partner Name Game for covering for me. i concur with her assessment of your hotel choice.

Thanks ZoneHPH. What line of work are you in?

environmental health and safety.

Got it...all makes sense now! My husband is a steam pipefitter, so he knows all about that stuff too.

Me...I'm just a corporate tax analyst....what do I know!? ;)

Got it...all makes sense now! My husband is a steam pipefitter, so he knows all about that stuff too.

Me...I'm just a corporate tax analyst....what do I know!? ;)

would he want to work for Con Edison? heheheheheh

Archived