Cheap 3rd/4th in a room or kids rates?

MoniqueS

Do any specific cruise lines consistently offer cheap 3rd/4th in a room rates? Or perhaps there are certain times of the year or itineraries that discount for 3rd/4th or kids? I'm sick of seeing prices 75% or more for 3rd/4th in a room! Now that my kids are over 2 and have to pay for airfare, I'm looking for ways to get the cost of cruising down for us.

Cheers!

Monique

HAL seems to charge a fairly good rate for the 3rd & 4th person in a cabin. We have an inside cabin to Alaska and we only paid $399 for each child as a 3rd & 4th passenger. When I was pricing out a similar cruise on other cruiselines, they were charging quite a bit more.

When 3rd and 4th rate discounts become available, many of us post them over here as we see them.

At this point there is no rhyme or reason to how they offer the discounts.

And some that offer discounts REALLY aren't discounts. Like on Disney Magic where they advertise DISCOUNTED kids rates, we paid $899 EACH for our kids. On Carnival Sensation and Elation, we paid $249 each for our kids to be 3rd and 4th in our suite.

The cheapest prices I have found are on Carnival.

Try Costa--they often offer a KIDS SAIL FREE promotion. It's a FABULOUS deal. All four of us for a 1 week cruise--$1400!! We've booked twice with them with our most recently booked Costa cruise coming up in March.

WOW!

CeleBrat

Archived