panama canal (partial cruise) stay on ship or a shore excursion?

ddean52

need your help!:confused: :confused: no idea wheather it is better to stay on ship as we pass through the locks or do a shore excursion (the $154. boat trip "through" the canal)?

if you have done this please give me your views. i need your help!

thanks in advance,

:confused: dean & :) alice

If your partial transit of the canal stops for a few hours in Gatun Lake, then take a tour as you will have the oportunity to see the mules working as you go through the locks.

But if you thinking about taking a tour where you get off the ship and back onto the ship before you go through the locks, then I would forgo the $$$ tour. The locks are a sight to behold.

If your partial transit of the canal stops for a few hours in Gatun Lake, then take a tour as you will have the oportunity to see the mules working as you go through the locks.

But if you thinking about taking a tour where you get off the ship and back onto the ship before you go through the locks, then I would forgo the $$$ tour. The locks are a sight to behold.

k.k. that is what im trying to determin..if just "remaining on the boat" and watching the locks pass by is more than a passing intresting moment. ill take your word for it! we are doing this cruise with rccl's brilliance, and so far i have not been able to find out if we stop at gatun lake for a few hours or not! k. k. thanks for your info. and if you think of anything else please advise!:) ..thanks.

;) dean & :) alice

I think everyone would have their own views on this.

We did this cruise on Hal and stayed on the ship. We loved going back through the canal and got to see lots when going back through. We were not sorry we stayed on the ship.

Remember it is very hot in Panama and at least on the ship you can go back inside to cool off.

• 3 weeks later...

DH and I have the same question for our Panama Canal cruise on the Rotterdam in 12/04. Our ship will be in Colon from 1:00 until 7:00 but no ship sponsored tours are offered from Colon, only from Gatun Lake.:( I am trying to find a Tour company that would give us a tour from Colon as we have 6 hours in Colon to do so. If anyone has a suggestion we'd really appreciate it!:D :cool:

DH and I have the same question for our Panama Canal cruise on the Rotterdam in 12/04. Our ship will be in Colon from 1:00 until 7:00 but no ship sponsored tours are offered from Colon, only from Gatun Lake.:( I am trying to find a Tour company that would give us a tour from Colon as we have 6 hours in Colon to do so. If anyone has a suggestion we'd really appreciate it!:D :cool:

we are going to do the train excursion. go through the first lock. do the excursion. and be happy.

dean & alice

Archived