Fine Dining on Spirit Class? Value?

vesw01

I think I read that the Spirit Class ships. When you pay for the dining experience (I hear they have Joe's Crabs) can you order another entree like you were in the dining room-or is it more typical resturant style?

For the extra cost do you get any extra drink options with dinner - such as soda?

I believe the charge for using the specialty eateries is $20-25 p/p, and yes I believe you can order two entrees. (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken), but I don't think you get any "drink options" (I'm reading that as "free").

Hi vesw01 and liv, if you order extra entrees, you will have to pay the $25 again. We did it on the Pride in January, they also charged the $10 corkage fee for wine we had brought, although you can usually slide on that in the dining room, also. The supper club was absolutely worth the $25, be sure to try it!! Chud

Thanks for clearing that up. I have only had one experience and that was in Le Bistro on NCL and we did order two entrees and two apps.

Sorry Ves I stand corrected and I will say IMO the money spent on this could be better spent elsewhere.

I think I read that the Spirit Class ships. When you pay for the dining experience (I hear they have Joe's Crabs) can you order another entree like you were in the dining room-or is it more typical resturant style?

For the extra cost do you get any extra drink options with dinner - such as soda?

Personally I would tell you to save the $$ for other things...the food isnt any better than you already get in the dining room during the dinner meal...four of us did this just to have some time to visit with each other more or less in private...we all agreed later that it was nothing special and a waste of money...JMHO

I thought that it might be something special to do, but for $50 for two, I would rather get a couple of pictures from the cruise or something else.

Or you could take your own pictures and use the $50 for a cabin steward.

When we used the speaciality resturant on Glory is was on are anniversary date and since it was a special occasion we felt the service atmosphere and food were excellent and well worth the cost. The main dining room is great but at times it feels crowded and rushed. So for us this resturant made the anniversary dinner much better for me 50 bucks is no big deal for what we got in return a quiet romantic evening. Some people have large bar tabs for the week and I dont drink so 50 dollars is not issue for me like it is for some who prefer to spend their money else where.As far as wanting 2 entrees the portion here are much bigger than main dining room Example a 22 oz steak and 2 lobster tail not one and there much bigger than in main dining room. My wife also got a free foo foo type drink since it was a speacial occasion and I gave her mine so she had 2 we also got a cake included. But we told them when we reserved it was are anniversary.

I totally disagree with the people saying that the Supper Club is no big deal and not that much different from the main dining room. Not sure what kind of experience they had but our experience on the Spirit in Jan 04 at their supper club was amazing!! As someone else said..there are about 5 people waiting on you. They cater to your every whim basically. The food is presented in gourmet style and much larger portions. You can only get one entree though. But my husband was able to get a few crab claws added to his fillet at no charge. that was our second night in the supper club. The first time we tipped very well and befriended the sommelier and our wait staff. We had such great service we specifically asked for the same table with the same servers that second night we went. We were however able to order an appetizer, a soup selection and a salad. You have plenty to eat and do not need to order the two entrees. This type of elegence, service and food would be easily $100-200 per person depending on what part of the country you live in..think a Morton's, Ruth's Chris or a gourmet dining establishment. This is first class all the way and does Carnival proud with some elegence on a line known for "party all the time" atmosphere.

As you can see, there is a HUGE difference between eating and elegant dining.

Reading these boards has shown me a lot of people don't know the difference between the two, especially when it comes to the dress code for the ever popular discussed formal night.

Archived