2008 Medit. cruise- when to book?

cruisinglisa

My husband and I are pretty close to knowing which cruise we want to take next year (it will be an RCI cruise involving Athens and Rome, sometime Aug - Oct). Should we book it right away, and then try to get a lower rate when the prices go down, or wait until the sales come (usually in December, right?) to book it?

Thanks!

Lisa

Norwegian Dream, Dec '05

Majesty of the Seas, Dec '02

Carnival Inspiration, June '98

If you know the specific cruise you want to take, book it now to seal in today's prices. If the prices go down, call the cruise or the TA (with whomever you booked) and ask for the price reduction. This is especially good for you to do if you want a specific stateroom.

Enjoy your cruise! I am also hoping to add a Med. cruise to my travel plans for 2008, but just don't have it solidified yet!

Book it now and watch for price drops. These cruises came out in March; we had booked Brilliance for Sept. 08 - and couldn't get our fav D1 cabin (9256) but got our second fav D1 8158 (corner aft). Had to cancel but looking at doing that cruise in 2009.

I always say book the cruise sooner rather than later for the best choice in cabin location and category.

If I could also make a suggestion a nice time to go is late September or early to even late October. The temperatures will be more moderate and there will be less tourists than during August.

Keith

My husband and I are pretty close to knowing which cruise we want to take next year (it will be an RCI cruise involving Athens and Rome, sometime Aug - Oct). Should we book it right away, and then try to get a lower rate when the prices go down, or wait until the sales come (usually in December, right?) to book it?

Thanks!

Lisa

Norwegian Dream, Dec '05

My husband and I are doing a european cruise in October of 08 and we already are booked. Now a few weeks later the ship is 90% already filled up. I would book now.

Another suggestion. If you are going on a cruise in the near future, and you intend to book on the same cruise line, you might want to wait and book the cruise then. There is often an "incentive package" offered to book on board (usually "on-board-credit" for the future cruise). We booked our 07 Med cruise while on a TA in Nov 06. No problems with availability and a credit also.

Otherwise, I agree with others above that as soon as you decide - Book. That way you have the best selection and book through a Travel Agent that will work for you. Then hope for a price drop.

Hello there,

The best time to book any cruise is 8-12 months out, even longer for certain destinations. A good travel agent will check out prices regularly (we do) and reduce them up to your final payment.

Have a GREAT time.

Lois

Thanks!

Lisa

Norwegian Dream, Dec '05

Archived