dawn sailing

lovesong2213

i am so nervous and excited for my first cruise on the ncl dawn.

i heard there were problems with an engine and that they did not stay as long as planned at certain ports. so should i cancel my shore excursions with the dolphins because i will not be happy if i waste over $645 for the five of us. also i have three teen and they did not recieve theur passports and the pre registration is due 14 days befor the cruise should i call the passport office? also i clicked on the pre registration link and it says page not found would should i do? should i buy them each a teen drink passport? i am so stressing out!!

any answers would be so helpful

First did you book your shore excursions thru NCL? If so, you will not be charged if you miss it. Not sure what the cancellation policy is for outside excursions. The teen passports I believe you can purchase on the ship. From what I have read each passport entitles the holder AND 1 guest to the party. So you may only need 2. They can share the drink coupons. Have you checked online to see if the passports are being processed? It is my understanding that you can print something off the web site and take a Birth Certificate with you. They do need to be originals. Hope everything works out for you. Enjoy your cruise. We are sailing the week before you.

i am so nervous and excited for my first cruise on the ncl dawn. i heard there were problems with an engine and that they did not stay as long as planned at certain ports. any answers would be so helpful

Anytime you take a vacation, problems will arise. Last week, from the accounts I read, the Dawn was late only to Nassau. Of course, having a late start from New York greatly attributed beinging late to Nassau.

You're in a catch 22 situtation where every answer could be wrong. The engine problems may or may not be fixed by the time you go on your cruise. If you do nothing, and the ship is late again, you will feel stupid not canceling your shore excursions in Nassau. Likewise, you will feel stupid if you cancel shore excursions in Nassau and the Dawn arrives on time.

You can only protect yourself from either situtation by booking your shore excursions through the ship. While it may cost more to do so, you have the peace of mind knowing that if the shore excursion must be canceled, for whatever reason, you will get a refund.

The other poster is correct, if you booked your excursion through the cruise ship you will not be responsible for the excursion if you do miss it. If you didn't book call the company that you booked through and explain your situation and let them guide you. Keep in mind, even if there isn't a problem with the ship there is ALWAYS a chance that you could miss or arrive late at a port.

Passports.....I hear they are a nightmare lately. Don't be alarmed if you don't get them in time. Order new birth certificates from the regristrys involved and bring them along. You do not need a passport when you are cruising until January 1, 2008. It was supposed to go into effect for 2007, but an exception was made and they are not necessary yet.

Don't make yourself crazy and have a great time on the cruise. The Dawn is a beautiful ship and an awesome destination in itself. Enjoy.

Archived