QE2 last Transatlantic Cabin 4110

Oslo Dutch

We are booked on the QE2 last Transatlantic voyage in October 2008. Needless to say I am very happy to have managed to obtain a cabin on this voyage. We have been assigned an M6 cabin no 4010.

Looking at the maps it seem to look slightly larger than general M5-M7.

Does anybody have more info about this cabin?

Many thanks,

Reint :)

Reint - do you mean 4110 or 4010? 4010 (an M5) is 87 sq ft and is one of the smallest in that category, whilst 4110 (an M3) is 130 sq ft and is one of the larger M3s.

That said when I look at the brochure both those cabins look like they've been moved down a grade since my plans were printed. In fact my plans only go down as far as M5.

I've attached pictures of both cabins to give you an idea.

505727787_Deck4-4010.jpg.9324af7e70967e63270ebff59cca96a7.jpg

2022780208_Deck4-4110.jpg.de8955f316eea3dbc5952b08d431c434.jpg

Reint - do you mean 4110 or 4010? 4010 (an M5) is 87 sq ft and is one of the smallest in that category, whilst 4110 (an M3) is 130 sq ft and is one of the larger M3s.

That said when I look at the brochure both those cabins look like they've been moved down a grade since my plans were printed. In fact my plans only go down as far as M5.

I've attached pictures of both cabins to give you an idea.

Thanks Malcolm

To double check I have send a mail back to New York. I have requested an M6 which 4110 is.(according to the Cunard website) However I seems like we will not have the dorm fun of climbing to an upper bunk bed with gale force 10 Both cabins seem to have two lower beds.

My PC has crashed last week so I can't retrieve my mails anymore but I am more inclined to think it's 4110.

We have booked this with Pied Piper in NYC, who have been really good in answering mails and booking it for us. Far more better than Celebrity Cruises who still hasn't got my October Med cruise booking right after 3 weeks.:confused:

Reint

It is 4010, which is in the front of 4 deck. And it's a bunk bed cabin.

So as far as the upper bunkbed is concerned...getting there is half the fun! :)

We've been on five dekc in these cabins before, I think it was 5081 (this one was a bit noisy) and 5107. They were fine with me.

Anybody out there who are also looking forward to a slightly bumpy ride?? ;-))

Reint,

we are glad that you are in cabin 4010 as we are in 4110 and I think if would have been a bit crowded.We settled for this one as it is one of the larger M4 cabins and our favourite 4061 had already gone.We will see you on QM2 as we are also doing the westbound on her (for the best view).

Maureen and John

Reint,

we are glad that you are in cabin 4010 as we are in 4110 and I think if would have been a bit crowded.We settled for this one as it is one of the larger M4 cabins and our favourite 4061 had already gone.We will see you on QM2 as we are also doing the westbound on her (for the best view).

Maureen and John

Oops, that would have been rather embarressing if we would have been assigned the same cabin at at check. I really hope I didn't scare you!

I knew it was the cabin at the front on 4 deck. It looks pretty big on the Cunard's webpage map so was wondering about it.

We have got an inside guarantee on QM2 so don't know where we will be. Never done the QM2 so it's best of both worlds. there will be quite a lot of us on board so I would imagine a CC partry would be held. Look forward to meet you too.

Reint

It is 4010, which is in the front of 4 deck. And it's a bunk bed cabin.

Hi Reint,

Im sure the bunk beds will be interesting and more so for all us cabin cavalcaders, Are you on top or the bottom:eek:

When l get a chance l will send you what my deck plans show of your cabin

Im at the opposite end of 4 deck in an outside twin, If l was any further back l would be in there with the crew ;)

Anybody out there who are also looking forward to a slightly bumpy ride?? ;-))

That goes without saying !!!;)

But looking forward to meeting you, it will be an interesting crossing:)

Cheers

Myles

Hi Reint,

Im sure the bunk beds will be interesting and more so for all us cabin cavalcaders, Are you on top or the bottom:eek:

I usually sleep on the lower bed as I love to take afternoon naps on seadays. (A left over from my Princess crew days) My cabin mate expressed his worry about navigating the ladder in galeforce winds in the middle of the night.

Im at the opposite end of 4 deck in an outside twin, If l was any further back l would be in there with the crew ;)

Thanks Myles, we'll be neighbours. If the weather happens to get lumpy the movement would be quite interesting in that part of the ship.

But looking forward to meeting you, it will be an interesting crossing:)

Cheers

Myles

Yep, I do sense a lot of anticipation around here, and still more than a year to go!:D

But first I'll be unfaithful and have a brief affair with Celebrity in October. I am curious about that too. Different experience, no comparisons made (waste of time)

Reint

Hi Reint,

Im sure the bunk beds will be interesting and more so for all us cabin cavalcaders, Are you on top or the bottom

Im at the opposite end of 4 deck in an outside twin, If l was any further back l would be in there with the crew

Reint,

have atached some details of 4010 from my plans which should give you a good insight in this cabin.

If you need any further info, just ask !or email me

cheers

Myles

4010.jpg.e19e8e30e32da982353cd6c1a666c4f2.jpg

1448647394_QE24010.jpg.07eec2ac8184b79e4b8366fc2786fcc2.jpg

Archived