Parking at Red Hook Brooklyn

hampshire

Hi - I'm going on the Queen Mary II New England Fall cruise at the end of September, departing from Red Hook Brooklyn New York. I plan to drive to the port and I'm a little concerned about the amount of long term parking that is available. I would hate to get there and find that I can't park my car.

Is there any way that I can find out how may other cruise ships will be using Red Hook around that time? Also, are there other possible parking areas nearby that I can use if Red Hook is full?

Hi,

I had the same concerns for our August 31 QM2 cruise. There is a site that shows what ships are in what port on any given day...I think it's cruisecalendar.com or something along those lines, maybe someone else here will remember the exact website. I did email the port authority to ask how crowded the lot would be for that sailing. The reply said that there is plenty of parking in the lot and that most people do not drive to a cruise on the QM2. Hope this helps.

You might try this link and see if it works....http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/NewYorkCity,NewYork,UnitedStates/tabid/1680/Default.aspx

It shows the dockings in NY for all of September. I think only Princess and Cunard use the terminal at Red Hook so that's all you need to be concerned with. From everything I've read on ere before, and ther have been many threads dealing with this port, there is plenty of space for parking.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

We took the Qm2 last Labor day. The lot was not full. Its generally true that the QM's Transoceanic people just don't drive. But they do for this cruise. So far the lot has NEVER been full. I didn't drive myself last year. I just left my car on the street and took a car service.

Princess does have a cruise that also leaves and returns that week.

Also at http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/sched.html is a calendar that shows both the Brooklyn terminal and Manhattan one on the same calendar....different colors show which is which.

• 1 year later...

We, like many, were very concerned as to whether the parking lot for the Queen Mary 2 (and Caribbean Princess) would be full when we got there.

There are almost 600 spaces for almost 5,000 cruise passengers, but most passengers (luckily) make their way using taxis, limos, and buses. In fact, no one using the QM2 will likely park there, unless they're on a short trip to Nova Scotia. The cost for parking is $23 the first day, then $20/day.

Well, the Caribbean Princess had already loaded up a few days before we took the QM2, and I saw (from my ferry) that the parking lot was about 2/3 full (maybe 200 spaces left). But when we drove there the next day, we still had space. In fact, when the QM2 pulled out, I counted about 20 spaces left vacant.

Wow... 90% full, but they can still claim the lot "has never been full!"

YET! :)

We had no problem parking on July 1, 2009, and the attendants couldn't have been more helpful when we returned. (You will have to Google "Cunard forum" to find the other forum that has my review, as posting links here is a no-no.) July1001.jpg

Archived