Lunch Meat at the buffet

sas80

How would you feel feeding your 10 month old lunch meat and cheese from the buffet? (based on the fact that he already eats chicken, turkey and tofu)

Any hesitations, opinions, etc...?

Lunch meat, cheese, lobster, filet mignon...None would of been a problem/issue for our DD (now 18 years old) at 10 months old. By that age, though, she was eating solid foods at all times.

Careful though :D , your DS might aquire a taste for lobster and filet mignon, like our DD did. She soon realized that you can't get that kind of food on a kid's menu and would order from the adult section at a very young age. We never told her that she couldn't order from the adult menu, after all, that type of food is much better for you than the chicken nuggets/fries/corn dogs/etc that are often found on the kid's menu. To help offset the cost, we just had to limit how many times we would go out to eat.

Careful though :D , your DS might aquire a taste for lobster and filet mignon, like our DD did. She soon realized that you can't get that kind of food on a kid's menu and would order from the adult section at a very young age. We never told her that she couldn't order from the adult menu, after all, that type of food is much better for you than the chicken nuggets/fries/corn dogs/etc that are often found on the kid's menu. To help offset the cost, we just had to limit how many times we would go out to eat.

Heh, I have the same "problem" with my son. He is really looking forward to his own plates of filet and escargot on our next cruise. :D

You don't want to find out on vacation that your child has a food allergy. Especially with seafood, I would be careful.

:O)

I called the doctor after I posted this. They said to just stay away from seafood as a whole to be on the safe side. they did say that lunch meat was fine for him to eat.

I agree with the aquiring a taste for good ood. My DS loves steak, and he will ONLY order it when we go out ot eat. He is definately looking forward to eating it EVERYNIGHT on the cruise :D (his words...)

But back to the seafood, or any foods for that matter, make sure you try it at home before the cruise, just to rule out any allergies. Don't want to be away from Peditrician, and have some serious allergic reactions to something!!!:eek:

I called the doctor after I posted this. They said to just stay away from seafood as a whole to be on the safe side. they did say that lunch meat was fine for him to eat.

Personally, I'd give my baby fish (my babies always love salmon), but NEVER shellfish. We wait at least two years before we offer shellfish (it's highly allergenic). Have a fun cruise. You'll find oodles of things to feed your baby.

I think I would still pack some of his favorite snacks and maybe some of those single serve spagetti o's or gerber graduates as a backup. I am sure there must be a microwave somewhere to use for heating them up. I am sure he will be fine and have a fun cruise.

Personally, I'd give my baby fish (my babies always love salmon), but NEVER shellfish. We wait at least two years before we offer shellfish (it's highly allergenic). Have a fun cruise. You'll find oodles of things to feed your baby.

You never know though. My Dad could eat shellfish, clams, etc. But he couldn't touch regular fish. Even being around it when it was being cooked could send him into an asthma attack.

I am glad my kids didn't inherit that, mine love all kinds of seafood as well.

Archived