Cosol Tours Rock

Seacruizlover

St. Lucia’s Cosol tour was our favorite of the whole trip. Cosol has a private tour that you can book through www.cosoltours.com St. Lucia is a beautiful lush mountainous Island. Cosol takes you on a tour of the island in a nice air-conditioned bus. He makes many stops along the way and lets you try the local fruits, food and bread. You visit a waterfall, volcano and beach. The last stop is a bakery where he gives each person a half of loaf of bread and a piece of cheese that you place inside the hot bread. The hot bread is to die for!! Cosol is very entertaining and even my teenage boys thought he was cool. Both DS thought the tour was great. A word of caution though is that the bus ride is very long and the roads very curvy and steep. If you get carsick you may want to pre-medicate. This is also a good tour to take if it rains. It rained off and on the whole day for us and we still had a great time.

We did this tour this past week, too...and I second the opinion. In spite of being rained on quite a few times, it was a GREAT tour...and real bargain, IMO (especially when compared to the cruise ship excursion prices).

I wish I had more of the coconut candy!

I don't know about other groups, but the bread we had was just a homemade yeast type bread that came in loaves about 10-12 inches long. It was about 4 inches wide in the middle, and the ends tapered into points. Every 2 people shared a loaf. Cosol stopped and picked it up at a lady's house, and brought it out in a brown paper bag, which was so hot he had to keep tossing it up in the air. SO GOOD!

Archived