Golf-NonGolfer"Rider" $$$??? Mazatlan

tvtd4u

Victor - My DH would like to play golf at Estrella - did you book through the golf course or a tour (like King Davids). How did you arrange for the transportation.

Thanks

Haven't booked it yet...My DWj wants to ride along...she reads and takes pictures...I try to play golf....

But will book through King David...they say they pick you up at the dock...take you to the course...bring you back to the ship. No problems.

But I'm waiting to book when I talk to them about the "rider" costs.

I am looking to possibly book through King David too, as the ship's excursion goes to El Cid instead. Maybe I am over analyzing, or maybe a little paranoid, but their website says the cost is $105 and includes "transportation and golf cart." It doesn't actually say it includes the green fees, and since Estrella del Mar's website lists the green fees at $110 for that time of year, it makes me wonder. I sent King David an email asking if their package includes the green fees and I never heard back from them. Let me know what you find out and also, if you book through them, how it turned out and how the course is.

I am looking to possibly book through King David too, as the ship's excursion goes to El Cid instead. Maybe I am over analyzing, or maybe a little paranoid, but their website says the cost is $105 and includes "transportation and golf cart." It doesn't actually say it includes the green fees, and since Estrella del Mar's website lists the green fees at $110 for that time of year, it makes me wonder. I sent King David an email asking if their package includes the green fees and I never heard back from them. Let me know what you find out and also, if you book through them, how it turned out and how the course is.

King David's package to Estrell del Mar costs $85 (includes green fees and I believe cart and a bus ride to course) Clubs at course cost extra ($35);

$10 for my wife to ride the bus to the course and $15 at the course for her to ride the cart.

King David only accepts PayPal for payment but seem very cooperative is setting up reservations, even if you haven't paid yet.

These costs are for this season...(I'm traveling there next week)

I have heard that this is the better course to play in Mazatlan.

May all your pars be tap-ins.

Hummm I received an email back stating that the golfing price is 18 holes $105usd and for 9 holes is $75usd No shoes for rent and Clubs for rent are from 35 to 50usd depending on type.

I would think that the pricing would be higher now than off season in October when we are going to be there!

Wonder what is with the difference in price quotes - I was trying to get my DH and son to just play the 9 holes so we would also have time at the beach as a family...but $75 is just too much for only 9 holes.

Hummm I received an email back stating that the golfing price is 18 holes $105usd and for 9 holes is $75usd No shoes for rent and Clubs for rent are from 35 to 50usd depending on type.

I would think that the pricing would be higher now than off season in October when we are going to be there!

Wonder what is with the difference in price quotes - I was trying to get my DH and son to just play the 9 holes so we would also have time at the beach as a family...but $75 is just too much for only 9 holes.

Oct is Off season so the cost should be 85 through King David for 18. I am paying that + 10 for my DW to ride along and not play. 9 holes, off season should be 55. King David charges $10 for the bus ride.

I'm bring my own shoes/glove/balls/tees. Clubs yes, cost 35. And again I heard that Estrella del Mar is the best course to play in Mazatlan. El Cid is the other 18 hole track...not quite as nice I've heard El Cid is a little beat up. The other course is a 9 hole course....don't know much about it, but probably it would be like a beat up muni.

Good luck...I can't wait....leaving in a couple of days.

Who did you get the email from? The golf course or King David's? According to the golf courses' website, green fees from Nov-April are $110 and from May-Oct are $75. The summer months are considered "Off-season" because it is much hotter and fewer people play golf because of this.

Received the quote directly from King Davids. The $55 would work out alot better if that is how much it would be - maybe the quote was including the transportation. I will go back and read it again to see what everything was adding up to. My 3 yr. old and I were going to get transported to Molokay at Stone Island and wait for them to finish up.

Please check back here after your cruise and let me know what you think of Estrella. It does look like a beautiful course!

• 2 months later...
Received the quote directly from King Davids. The $55 would work out alot better if that is how much it would be - maybe the quote was including the transportation. I will go back and read it again to see what everything was adding up to. My 3 yr. old and I were going to get transported to Molokay at Stone Island and wait for them to finish up.

Please check back here after your cruise and let me know what you think of Estrella. It does look like a beautiful course!

K&Ts Mom,

Did you end up using King David Tours for Estrella Del Mar? I'd love to hear how it went...

I also noticed in your signature you were on the Viking Serenade in May of 1992. I was on that ship in early May 1992 as well. We did the Mon-Fri voyage to SD,Catalina,and Ensenada. Too funny!!

Sean

My wife will be riding with me when I play golf in Mazatlan...Estallra Del Mar(sp?)

What are the costs for a non-player riding in the cart with me?

Thanks

There is no charge for an extra rider on golf cart & if you book thru King David they do not charge that person for the transportation to & from Estrella.

Have fun MazatlanMike

Archived