Roll Call Zuiderdam October 27, 2007

cruisebax

You can book Spa Treatments as soon as you get on board! Don't do the Ioni Treatment (loosing inches), 1st it's not working...2nd I got used as a model for it and it was actually painful, since the machine was broken and ended up with galvanic burns...my poor bum! They will have specials for Gand Turk...but we will know about them when we are on board.

We plan to put our rental car back to the FLL airport around 10:30a and take a cab over to the pier! I believe we all have priority boarding, since we occupy Suites.

God, if I lost anything on my buns, there'd be nothing left at all! Thanks for the tip. I don't beleive I get priority boarding because I'm in an SS- I think you have to be SC and above, like you, to get that privilege. But I plan to board fairly soon after 11:30.

Rick

We arrive in FLL Saturday morning at 11:20 and will head straight to the pier then.

I guess we make our appointments after we board.

Have either of you booked excursions yet?

We generally like to just do our thing but have decided to go to the Baths while in Tortola and will probably go the St. John while at St. Thomas.

On Half Moon Cay day, we are going to do the AquaTrax.

I have only booked a couple of HAL sponsored shore things. I booked the Sailaway on Tortola - 4 hours to either Norman Island, Peter Island...and I booked a clamshell at HMC. On St Thomas I booked a day sail on the True Love through www.stthomasexcursions.com. This is probably a little risky since there are 6 ships in port that day and the True Love sails out of Sapphire Bay Marina. But ntohing HAL had was comparable to that. I could be convinced to cancel if something else came up that involved a lot of time on the water but this was the best that I found...the boat looked great and I got some very good recos about how good it was. So Grand Turk is the only port I have nothing planned for. Rick

I only booked a Cabana (Terracotta) for Half Moon Cay...that was the only way I could get Danny off to the beach...he dislikes beach & sand! LOL

I will buy the Butler Upgrade (For the Cabana) as soon as we get on the ship...but otherwise nothing planned...maybe charter a Yacht in Tortola and sail over to Peter Island or Jost van Dyke...done that before and it was fantsatic!

Danny has the word on St. Thomas since it is his birthday! I guess I have to get him a Painkiller...double as strong! My last St. Thomas I went to a private Beach with some Officers from the ship and it was absolutely fantastic! We were the only once there, had a pool and the beach tou ourself, great food and many drinks and paid by the end $25...LOL!!!

I have to go upstairs now and see what we need for the cruise...!

King Marcus

Wow! This intinerary has a lot of beach and sand on it (LOL). The St. Thomas day sounds terrific. I guess you sort of have to fall into those things. The only problem being trying to do some advance planning. Have you found it easy to do a last minute charter on Tortola? I just went with the sailaway because it was there and actually sounded quite nice. I have been there on a small ship and the Baths at Virgin Gorda were still overrun with people. I sound like some kind of hermit but I just really hate crowds. So you may wonder why I am taking a trip on a 1800 pax ship...I do too at times! But if worse comes to worse, I'll always have my (shady) balcony and non-flat screen TV. Oh, and the DVD.

Wow! This intinerary has a lot of beach and sand on it (LOL). The St. Thomas day sounds terrific. I guess you sort of have to fall into those things. The only problem being trying to do some advance planning. Have you found it easy to do a last minute charter on Tortola? I just went with the sailaway because it was there and actually sounded quite nice. I have been there on a small ship and the Baths at Virgin Gorda were still overrun with people. I sound like some kind of hermit but I just really hate crowds. So you may wonder why I am taking a trip on a 1800 pax ship...I do too at times! But if worse comes to worse, I'll always have my (shady) balcony and non-flat screen TV. Oh, and the DVD.

He he he...I know what you mean! I have been 1 time to the Baths and never again! It seemed Millions of people got pushed through and some of them should have not even been there. I've done Yachts like Seadream and Seabourn, but like the facilities of a big ship better. Normally we sail NCL in the Courtyard or Garden Villa, which is like a 6* private Yacht build on top of a cruise ship. I go by myself on the NCL Gem Dec 3rd and indulge myself again in the Courtyard! We give HAL a try...I know the Suite is not as nice as on NCL, but hope for Food & Service and also consider the price difference, that HAL is so much cheaper.

I had good luck with the Yacht charter a couple of times and let the ship e-mail the Port Agent of Tortola and she made it happen for $ 325 for a whole day, Motor Yacht and drinks included for up to 6 Guests. I always had the best time!

Have fun in NYC...by the way...where in NYC do you live? I had a Loft down in the Finacial district on Pine Street...I miss my "Sex and the City" live!!!

King Marcus

I just booked our clamshell at HMC as well as the AquaTrax. A coworker of mine tells me I can easily get a ferry to the Baths from Tortola and to St, John from St. Thomas.

I also took advantage buying some more gifts - some Crown Royalfor our room and some champange for sailaway.

Cheers!

I live two blocks north of Lincoln Center. And out on Long Island on the weekends. Love it here. That's a great price on Tortola. I am paying $120 in St. Thomas for the True Love and I'm one of 12 strangers! I've heard about the Garden suites on NCL, but this is my first 'mass market' cruise-- well premium or whatever they call it. I've sailed Regent, Silversea, Seabourne and Cunard so I am a little concerned about this. But the price was incredibly good for a single and the cabin looks as large as the one we had on Regent and Silversea. My partner couldn't get away. So this will be quite an adventure. And as I've said, if I hate it, I can hole up in the room watching videos and losing weight...(Am I beginning to sound like I am hugely fat?)

I just booked our clamshell at HMC as well as the AquaTrax. A coworker of mine tells me I can easily get a ferry to the Baths from Tortola and to St, John from St. Thomas.

I also took advantage buying some more gifts - some Crown Royalfor our room and some champange for sailaway.

Cheers!

I hope our clamshells are close by! Check out Marcus' comments on the Baths. I think it may not be too crowded. It really is something to see.

It is refreshing! All drinks included, Butler Service and Lunch served on China from the Pinnacle Grill. Ceiling fan, AC blowing on to the lounge chairs and a misting station and a freshwater shower, float mats and snorkel gear is included, too! Can't get better and we are totally at the end of the beach where it is quiet! We payed already and it is for up to 4 Guests...let's talk about it on the ship!

I got this post over the weekend and wanted to share it with you all.

Just back from the Carnival Triumph sailing of 9/29/07. Our last stop was Grand Turk. I must admit, the rest of the itinerary was great, but Grand Turk could have been skipped. Grand Turk is very flat and not very populated. I found nothing to be impressed with. Other than the prefab shopping buildings and the salt mines, there is nothing there. Although the weather did not cooperate with us, it was still hard to find something nice about this place. The beach sand was coarse and rough, unlike Half Moon Cay where it was powdery and soft. The water was rocky, so better bring those water shoes if you plan on going to the beach. Margarittaville is a joke. Extremely expensive drinks and a pool. A few people I know went to Bohio Resort. They said it was a nice place for the day. I can't speak to it as I did not go. Spent the day on the ship and just relaxed.

So it sounds like we've made the right decision about staying on the ship. I also heard from the daysail people in St. Thomas. They are no longer offering the trip aboard the True Love but have substitued another yacht called the Night Wind. It appears to be quite nice and so I am sending the link if you want to check it out.

Hi Richard

I have been advised that the TrueLove is being sold, details on when she will be moved have not been made to me.

I do not want to have to cancel someone at the last minute.

I have contracted with the Night Wind for my full day sails, I have used her before for charters when the TrueLove was not available and have had nothing but great reviews, she is a hand built classic, not the factory kick out.

Steve Marsh has been doing Day Sails with the Night Wind in St Thomas since 1977, longest continuous Day Sail on the Island.

My plans were to switch to her when my TrueLove contract expired at the end of the year, but with the uncertainty with the TrueLove, I am doing so now.

Please check out their web site, and let me know if this is okay with you, they are at the same marina, so nothing changes

http://www.stjohndaysail.com/

Michael Hopson

St Thomas Excursions

I got this post over the weekend and wanted to share it with you all.

Just back from the Carnival Triumph sailing of 9/29/07. Our last stop was Grand Turk. I must admit, the rest of the itinerary was great, but Grand Turk could have been skipped. Grand Turk is very flat and not very populated. I found nothing to be impressed with. Other than the prefab shopping buildings and the salt mines, there is nothing there. Although the weather did not cooperate with us, it was still hard to find something nice about this place. The beach sand was coarse and rough, unlike Half Moon Cay where it was powdery and soft. The water was rocky, so better bring those water shoes if you plan on going to the beach. Margarittaville is a joke. Extremely expensive drinks and a pool. A few people I know went to Bohio Resort. They said it was a nice place for the day. I can't speak to it as I did not go. Spent the day on the ship and just relaxed.

So it sounds like we've made the right decision about staying on the ship. I also heard from the daysail people in St. Thomas. They are no longer offering the trip aboard the True Love but have substitued another yacht called the Night Wind. It appears to be quite nice and so I am sending the link if you want to check it out.

Hi Richard

I have been advised that the TrueLove is being sold, details on when she will be moved have not been made to me.

I do not want to have to cancel someone at the last minute.

I have contracted with the Night Wind for my full day sails, I have used her before for charters when the TrueLove was not available and have had nothing but great reviews, she is a hand built classic, not the factory kick out.

Steve Marsh has been doing Day Sails with the Night Wind in St Thomas since 1977, longest continuous Day Sail on the Island.

My plans were to switch to her when my TrueLove contract expired at the end of the year, but with the uncertainty with the TrueLove, I am doing so now.

Please check out their web site, and let me know if this is okay with you, they are at the same marina, so nothing changes

http://www.stjohndaysail.com/

Michael Hopson

St Thomas Excursions

Hey Richard,

I tell you one thing! If it wouldn't be Dannys Birthday I would be on that sail boat sailing through the Virgins! There is nothing in the world, who could bring Danny on a boat like that. I talk to him, but I don't think so.

Grand Turk is ugly as dudu...! We made the right decission!

I'm just in front of the clossets and have no clue what to take on the cruise!

Marcus

Dear Marcus,

I am sorry Danny doesn't like to sail. It's one of the things I like to do best. But the Birthday boy shoudl spend the day anyway he wants to.

I am ahead of you in the packing department. I had to bring my summer stuff in from the beach this weekend so it made sense just to pack it all.

I am sure it will be a mess when it finally sees the light of day again.

Take care and talk to you soon

Rick.

Rick,

I hate it...Danny leaves me for a Convention in Atlanta and comes back on Sunday...then he wants everything done in 48h until we leave for Boca Raton!

I tell ou a live as a "Deperate Housewife" is not easy...LOL!!! I love to sail myself...best is the 12 Meter Regatta Americas Cup Boats! I love to fly over the waives!!!! Danny is not so fond of water at any kind...but he loves cruising.

Since we have the complimentary laundry/dry cleaning I guess I just was everything and throw it in the suitcases...then on the ship send it out to press. I'm thinking about shoes and sports wear now...what to take...do I go spinning or to the gym in general???? Hmmmm...NO CLUE...HELP!!!!

Marcus

I am taking one pair of trainers, one pair of good sandals, one pair of flip flops and one pair of evening shoes and I'll wear one pair of Guccis. I am also only bringing two blazers and my tux. But I do have a different bathing suit for every day! I wish I had complimentary pressing but when I tried to upgrade to a full suite there was nothing left. Apparently, we're sailing fully booked.

Rick

They are they hardest thing for me to pack.

I ended up taking too many, I have some baby blue sebago deck shoes that ONLY make sense to where on a cruise! Otherwise, just just bringing some sandals (mandals) and dress shoes for the evenings.

I want to get some last minute shopping in this weekend, the good news is that I found some good end of summer sales last week - look for me with my linen flowing in the wind!

Maybe King Marcus will let us fan him with Palm fronds on his sunny patio while we grow paler on our shaded balconies with bulbous televions!

Sorry to hear that Grand Turk is not so "Grand"

I think Marcus is dining in the Pinaccle Grille on Wednesday for the big birthday. We may opt for the Pinaccle on Tuesday (10/30) to avoid Dutch night in the main dining room.

Only 11 more days for mannies, pedddies, waxing and highlighting!:)

Highlights...Cruisebax, I thought we'd lost you. I booked the Pinnacle twice for both sea days so I guess we'll never all be there at the same time. So you really consciously try to avoid Dutch night? Having never been on HAL, I haven't had the pleasure. What don't you like about it?

You know with those terrible overhangs, we should likely buy self tanning lotion too.

Rick.

Hey Rick, Lynn and Matt,

You 3 are too much...LOL!!!!

I decide on board, when to do Pinnacle! They maybe have changed the menus, since they do start a new season. I have a view of them as soon as I get to my Suite for the whole week and decide from there and tell the Concierge to make the reserves. Maybe we can go all together 1 night! Also the Hotel Manager is a good friend of a friend of mine and they know already we are coming!

I got my hair done today, Danny is leaving til the weekend to Atlanta...so I will be bored to the maximum at home. I wanted to go with him, but since I misbehaved at the same meeting 2 years ago...I'm starnded!

I actually will pack a Tanning Lamp for you guys...so you can say you have been on vacation! LOL While we zipp on a glass of ice cold Champagne on our sun filled verandah....

Have all a great day...

Marcus

W

Archived