Roll Call Zuiderdam October 27, 2007

cruisebax

Guys....did you see the Weather Forcast for our cruise??? I guess I will take some swim shorts out! Saturday its rain, Thunderstorms and high winds and I checked the Islands, too...the weather will more or less follow us the whole cruise! Do you think they have tanning beds on the ship??? I'm white as a ghost and want some color......!!!!!

Hello Rick,

We took our first cruise on the Zuiderdam two years ago for Matt's birthday. We thought the sevice was top notch, our steward was wonderful and the food and drinks were great. The bedding was nice and we had an Aft veranda cabin we loved.

We were not sure what to expect as novices and we traveled with another couple. We were looking for relaxtion, and found it.

There are very little announcements made but also very little activities planned. We made our own fun and met some nice people while on board.

For our second cruise we took Celebrity Millennium (which I prefer) but this Zuiderdam sailing was at a time when it was easy for us to take off work before the holidays started. We had also not been to any of the ports. That coupled with the fact that we knew what were in for, made us book this trip. Our travel agent convinced me to give up our VA aft cabin to upgrade to a SZ guarantee. I hope I won't regret that decision.

I hope the extra cabin room will make up for lack of sun on our deck and noise potenial from the Lido restaurant.

Please let know if I can answer any other questions.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the info. Marcus and I have emailed back and forth as well and it sounds like we are all in the same position-- a really well-priced cruise that came at the right time. I am expecting a very relaxing time and booked the SZ guarantee feeling that if worse came to worse and I really didn't like my fellow travellers, I could always hole up there or on the balcony. I got 8084 and I recently got a response to my post from someone who had been in 8086 and had nothing but good things to say about the location. There shouldn't be a lot of noise from the Lido because 8084 is under a table seating area sop they won't be arranging deck chairs over your head. I am a little diappointed about the overhang but when I asked if I could move, I was told they were sold out. Anyway, we shall see. My other concern is seating in the dining room. I actually asked if I could have a table for one. I have a strange feeling that that request won't be honored. I did book two Pinnacle Grill reservations for 1. Well, it should be interesting and I look forward to meeting you both.

Best,

Rick

Hello Rick,

We took our first cruise on the Zuiderdam two years ago for Matt's birthday. We thought the sevice was top notch, our steward was wonderful and the food and drinks were great. The bedding was nice and we had an Aft veranda cabin we loved.

We were not sure what to expect as novices and we traveled with another couple. We were looking for relaxtion, and found it.

There are very little announcements made but also very little activities planned. We made our own fun and met some nice people while on board.

For our second cruise we took Celebrity Millennium (which I prefer) but this Zuiderdam sailing was at a time when it was easy for us to take off work before the holidays started. We had also not been to any of the ports. That coupled with the fact that we knew what were in for, made us book this trip. Our travel agent convinced me to give up our VA aft cabin to upgrade to a SZ guarantee. I hope I won't regret that decision.

I hope the extra cabin room will make up for lack of sun on our deck and noise potenial from the Lido restaurant.

Please let know if I can answer any other questions.

Lynn

Lynn,

You will be happy with your almost midship location, since we will have high force winds, high swell and bad weather getting out of Fort Lauderdale.

It will be very relaxing, but not more! Can't wait!

Marcus

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the info. Marcus and I have emailed back and forth as well and it sounds like we are all in the same position-- a really well-priced cruise that came at the right time. I am expecting a very relaxing time and booked the SZ guarantee feeling that if worse came to worse and I really didn't like my fellow travellers, I could always hole up there or on the balcony. I got 8084 and I recently got a response to my post from someone who had been in 8086 and had nothing but good things to say about the location. There shouldn't be a lot of noise from the Lido because 8084 is under a table seating area sop they won't be arranging deck chairs over your head. I am a little diappointed about the overhang but when I asked if I could move, I was told they were sold out. Anyway, we shall see. My other concern is seating in the dining room. I actually asked if I could have a table for one. I have a strange feeling that that request won't be honored. I did book two Pinnacle Grill reservations for 1. Well, it should be interesting and I look forward to meeting you both.

Best,

Rick

Rick,

There are NO tables for 1, especially not on a fully booked cruise. You will mostly ending up on a bigger table for 5! Will see when we get there...same with us a table for 2! I hate seatings!

The good thing...there is always the possibility to change or put a chair to our table.

Marcus

Archived