Question about cabin changes

clerky96

I recently booked a cabin on NCL Jewel for a Feb cruise. If, at a later date, I see a cabin available (in the same category) that I like the location of better than the one I presently have, can I change cabins? We did that on RCI in 2006, but I know the cruise lines make changes to policies all the time. I was told that when final payment comes due, a lot of people change their mind and cancel, therefore making other cabins available. I am okay with the cabin that I have, just would rather be a little closer to the middle of the ship.

Shouldn't be a problem. Just call your TA and request to make that change ... as long as the new cabin is available, and holds the same # of people as your present cabin, it should go through easily.

Note: if the "new" cabin holds more people than you have booked, the cruise line may not release it to you. They generally like to hold back cabins that accommodate 3-4 for parties of that size, if possible.

I recently booked a cabin on NCL Jewel for a Feb cruise. If, at a later date, I see a cabin available (in the same category) that I like the location of better than the one I presently have, can I change cabins? We did that on RCI in 2006, but I know the cruise lines make changes to policies all the time. I was told that when final payment comes due, a lot of people change their mind and cancel, therefore making other cabins available. I am okay with the cabin that I have, just would rather be a little closer to the middle of the ship.

Before "final" payment you can change anything. (Even after, for upsells).

If you have booked through a TA, you should monitor the cruise yourself rather than counting on the TA to do it for you.

Good Luck:)

Thanks for the replies. I monitored the cruise last time, and called my TA when I saw a cabin become available that I wanted to transfer to. Thanks for mentioning the number of people in the cabin. I will remember to watch that because there are 3 in our cabin.

Were booked on an Alsaka cruise and we changed our cabins to a different category from a BA to a BB because we like the cabin location better. Even got a price reduction in the cbin change. This was prior to final payment.:)

Archived