Four Seasons Marine Whale Watching Tour

jjgreg113

All I have heard on here were wonderful reviews about Capt. Larry's. I planned on going on this but recently just purchased the Toursaver book and found the coupon for $100 off the Four Seasons Marine Services. I would really like to use it to save the 100 dollars but I can not find any reviews of it on here at all. Maybe I missed them.

But anyone who has went on this tour please tell me your opinions. It looks like a total of four hours and they provide you with a complete lunch.

Please help.

I did find some posts here that said that this particular tour was more of a transportation tour and that not a lot of time was spent watching whales...but I haven't been myself. Do a search on this forum and look for Four Seasons within the entire posts and you should find some feedback.

PS we decided not to do a whale watching tour afterall...

We just returned and did the Orca Point Whale Watching excursion (Four Seasons) You will get $139 refund when you arrive for the excursion but you must call them first. BUT don't forget your TourSaver Book in your cabin like I did....I was so bummed...no time to run back and get it. Anyway, the excursion was nice. Nice boat, friendly crew, free coffee & hot chocolate, and a naturalist on board. The captain searched out whales for us and we viewed about 10. None breached but that is due to the fact that they are saving their energy for their trip to Hawaii soon. You see more breaching in the spring. The naturalist informed us that there are regulations in the waters for whale watching and one is each vessel is allowed only 1/2 an hour in a specific area (bay). So it doesn't matter which trip you choose...you get the same amount of time. The boat was quite empty and we could move around very easily. The lunch was in a beautiful lodge...the salmon was a bit dry & we felt rushed but it was still a nice meal. My opinion is...if you can use the coupon it is very much worth it. I can answer more questions if you have them.

Archived