The Best of "I Work in Port Canaveral" (Updated Jul 23 07)

jantra

Nikki here are some updates for you on restaurants etc here

Cazoni's Pizza - Free delivery & coupons, has sit in service http://www.cazonispizza.com/ phone 321-783-1112

Kelsey's Pizzeria located right next door to Radisson -www.kelseycanaveral.com 321-783-9191

Zackary's Greek Restaurant – Just past the port before and next door to Racetrac. Great breakfast and close to Radisson/Residence Inn/CI&S

Thai Thai - Thai and sushi cuisine. Close to Radisson/Residence Inn/CI&S

Durango's Steak house located at 6765 N. Atlantic Avenue

Pig and Whistle English Pub – sports bar w/ satellite TV -801 N. Atlantic Ave - 321-799-0724

International House of Pancakes (excellent hometype breakfast & lunch) 3830 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach --phone 321-783-0620

Roberto's Little Havana - 26 North Orlando Avenue, Cocoa Beach phone number - 321-784-1868 (Our Dave's from Marietta favorite restaurant)

Sandbar Sport's Grill http://www.sandbarsportsgrill.net/ (right on the beach)

Gregory's Steak & Seafood Grille also has Groucho's Comedy club http://www.gregorysonthebeach.com/

Siam Orchid Thai & Japanese Cuisine 1275 N. Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach 321-783-4545

Murdock's http://www.murdocksbistro.com/ Cocoa Village

Italian Courtyard 350 W, Cocoa Beach Hway 321-783-0413 (excellent Italian food)

Lobster Shanty 2200 State Road A1A, Cocoa Beach 321-783-1350 Out door dining available and can feed huge catfish

Heidelberg Restaurant #7 North Orlando Avenue, Cocoa Beach 321-783-6806 (This was Boot Randolph's favorite place and was here in March before he passed away in July- (excellent German food & Jazz place)

Old Fish House Restaurant 249 W. Cocoa Beach Csway (520) 321-799-9190 (excellent blue crab meals)

Mr. Cubano Cuban sandwiches and a walk of Cuba history - 6550 North Atlantic Avenue - 321-799-2200

always

Shirley

Thanks again Nikki for putting all of this together. It is amazing.

If anyone would like a copy of a fairly long list of towncar, shuttle and taxi companies that I have been editing, you can email me at ann junk @ sbcglobal . net (just remove all the spaces).

Other than the week of Aug 12th, if you don't hear back from me, my spam probably ate your request. Please try again. I will not be checking emails the week of Aug. 12th.

Ann

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express and was wondering if we are within walking distance to any water bus stops? If so, can anyone tell me which one we are closest to? It looks like there are a lot of things to see if you get on that!!! Thank you!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express and was wondering if we are within walking distance to any water bus stops? If so, can anyone tell me which one we are closest to? It looks like there are a lot of things to see if you get on that!!! Thank you!

I don't know what you mean by water bus stops, but I am assuming you are speaking about the beach - anyhow look at this link and see if it will answer your question - also ask at the Holiday Inn Express since I do believe the bus does stop close to there.

http://routefinder.ridescat.com/

BUS and TROLLEY INFORMATION

Space Coast Area Transit's fixed route service operates throughout the County to provide public transportation to Brevard's residents and visitors. Fixed routes operate on a set schedule at designated stops, providing extensive coverage throughout the cities within Brevard County as well as unincorporated areas. All transit buses are wheelchair lift equipped. They also accommodate bikes at no additional charge. Surfboards are allowed inside the bus, based on space availability.

Major shopping centers, government centers, social service agencies, area colleges, universities and hospitals are just some of the locations served by SCAT. Space Coast Area Transit provides service on 14 weekday routes. Weekend and evening service is also available in some areas.

In 2001, SCAT introduced trolley service to Cocoa Beach. The trolleys are actually buses designed to look like trolleys. The service runs from Port Canaveral to 13th Street in Cocoa Beach. A ride on the trolley costs just $1.25 with a special rate of .60 for seniors, veterans, disabled and students. There is no charge for children under five or for transfers to fixed route bus service. Bikes and surfboards are welcome. According to Rob Varley, Director of the Space Coast Office of Tourism, that rate structure ties in nicely with Cocoa Beach positioning itself as an affordable family vacation destination. "The new trolley service is like having an additional inexpensive tourist attraction that helps solve some key transportation issues at the same time. It's a very exciting opportunity for both the tourists and residents of Cocoa Beach," stated Varley.

For general information call: (321) 633-1878.

South Mainland residents call: (321) 952-4672

E-mail Us!

North terminal address: 401 S. Varr Avenue, Cocoa, FL 32922

South terminal address: 460 S. Harbor City Blvd. Melbourne, FL 32901

Always

Shirley

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't see this topic. I knew I was linked here in at least once place.

MORE

INFORMATION ON VIEWING ROCKET AND SPACE SHUTTLE LAUNCHES:

Most complete and up to date launch schedule:

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/tracking/

General updates on launches from Cape Canaveral:

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/

(note: look for that launch's specific "mission status center" in the days before launch for updates)

Information on where and how to view each type of launch from Cape Canaveral:

http://www.launchphotography.com/Launch_Viewing_Information.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a wonderful ans very informative thread!!!!!!!! All the hard work is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

I do have one silly question...:o

What do you have to do to get back to the raddison after the cruise? Is there a number to call, or do you set it up before you leave when you take the shuttle before your cruise? Thanks!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

This is so Great!!! and wonderful, Thanks to everyone that took the time to put all of this together, it's great information for all of us.

I'm still reading the post in between doing my house work etc, today.

I want to go ahead and ask this question, it may be there and I haven't read it yet, but is there a place to sit and eat at Jetty Park and watch the cruise ships as they set sail or will we need to just park on the beach and watch?

Thanks so much,

Marcy

Is Port Canaveral congested? I would think so if there are usually at leat 4 ships sailing out on the same day.

I always wanted to go to Miami just for some sightseeing. Would it be a waste to drive to Miami for the day

I have never seen more than 3 in a day and they use different terminals. This is a very un congested area. Miami is 3+ hours to the south.

Preston

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, we are flying into Orlando the day of embarkation. My FIL has arranged for a transfer from the airport to the port (sorry, don't know the name of the company). I was wondering, will most transfer company's stop at a convenience store for you, so we can pick up those last minute items that we do not want to pack in our luggage on the airplane (soda, bottled water, etc.;) )? If this is not a possiblity, is there anywhere close to the port, we could walk to? Thanks for any advice.

Unfortunately, we are flying into Orlando the day of embarkation. My FIL has arranged for a transfer from the airport to the port (sorry, don't know the name of the company). I was wondering, will most transfer company's stop at a convenience store for you, so we can pick up those last minute items that we do not want to pack in our luggage on the airplane (soda, bottled water, etc.;) )? If this is not a possiblity, is there anywhere close to the port, we could walk to? Thanks for any advice.

There is no place to walk to. There is a RaceTrack very close and would be no big deal for the driver to go to. These guys work on tips if you get my drift. Will your group be the only ones on the shuttle? If not I would bring it up as soon as you leave the airport.

Preston

Thanks Preston for the tips. There will be 25 of us, so not sure if we will be the only ones on the shuttle. I'm assuming with this large of group we will be, but it could be a big bus. Waiting to hear from FIL with more details:) . Thanks for responding. I will definately put a bug in the drivers ear.

Art's Shuttle was the service we used in 2005.

In fact that day we were the only ones on the shuttle going to Coco Beach and the lady driving was super nice.

I ask her if she was picking up anyone at the Hotel to take back to airport and she said No, she said, when she got us to the Hotel she would be done for the evening.

I then ask if she would mind to stop along the way some where so we could pick up soda for the cruise.

She said, I'd be glad to, only took less than 5 minutes to pick up several 6 pack of soda and then on our way to the Hotel, So It never hurts to ask!

Marcy

Archived