Wonder: Cabins & all areas have xln't A/C? + bathroom quest.

arline

Are the cabins nicely cooled? Humidity can really bother me so am wondering if I should bring my small, side-table fan (don't laugh). Same question for the public areas. Also, on Castaway Cay, are the bathrooms fully plumbed or more like the Andy Gumps on construction sites? (Going 9/23 on 4 day to Nassau & Castaway Isl.) Do cabin bathrooms have vent fan? We're 2 friends travelling together: will we EACH get our own "charge card" with a separate accn't # so we can easily pay our own charges and not have to figure out whose charge is whoms? (Is that grammatically correct? lol)

Are the cabins nicely cooled? Humidity can really bother me so am wondering if I should bring my small, side-table fan (don't laugh). Same question for the public areas. Also, on Castaway Cay, are the bathrooms fully plumbed or more like the Andy Gumps on construction sites? (Going 9/23 on 4 day to Nassau & Castaway Isl.) Do cabin bathrooms have vent fan? We're 2 friends travelling together: will we EACH get our own "charge card" with a separate accn't # so we can easily pay our own charges and not have to figure out whose charge is whoms? (Is that grammatically correct? lol)

My answers are based on the Magic, but I would be willing to bet the Wonder is the same.

Cabins...I thought they were moderately cool. We had mouse maintenance adjust ours down cooler.

Public areas...very cold to freezing!!

Castaway Cay potties......modern day facilities

Bathroom vents....yes

Seperate accounts.... just give 2 different cards at check in

My daughter takes a bedside fan with her everywhere we go. She can no longer sleep without the white noise, so I would take one. I can only speak from the Magic perspective, but we were all quite comfortable. Castaway Cay has very nice bathrooms, I was actually surprised at how nice they were. The even had steps tucked under the sinks for the smaller kids. Nice touch! Take a sweater in case you get chilly, but we were always quite comfortable. Have a wonderful cruise--it was truly our best vacation ever!

Thanks, nu2cruises. I had heard that on some "private" islands, there is no plumbing and therefore restrooms are rather "primitive" compared to fully-plumbed facilities. In fact, the food is actually brought onto the island, including water needs, since there isn't a way to build those facilities. And your suggestion about the "white noise" was an excellent point, too! We ARE getting excited. Just hoping that without bringing children along, we won't be over-dosing on Mickey and crying kids - lol.

No kids--oh darn, and I was going to tell you to make sure you made the potatoe and carrot race cars! Just kidding...there are adults only activites every day, we never saw kids in the adults only pool, and we had some adult time every night while the kids were in the kids club. They also show a movie every night in the theater and up on deck which was really cool. Nothing like sitting out with the ocean breeze, a cold drink and watching a movie! Make sure you book a reservation at Palo as soon as you can (75 days before you sail if you haven't been on Disney before). We went during spring break, and there were quite a few people without kids, and although there were many of them, it never seemed to be to much. In fact we were surprised how much alone time we had with our kids being with us. That was a whole different type of vacation! I hope you love it as much as we did! We are already booked for Augus of 2008 on the Panama Canal cruise and I just wish it was sooner! I can't wait! I had a lot of questions before we went for the first time since we had never been on a cruise. Unfortunately, I didn't find this site until after we got back. :)

Archived