Princess Cay: Best Snorkeling Spots?

daldog

Last time we were at Princess Cay, we had fun but the water was very turbid, with lots of sharp rocks getting in (which might've been ok if you could see! - couldn't see a thing.) So even though I had read ahead and we took our dive booties, I bashed my knees bloody trying to get in - I still have the scars. My mom couldn't get in at all and went back to the ship. Our group didn't spend much time in the water, and we were disappointed.

Yet after reading some more for our upcoming trip, I see comments on good snorkeling and swimming. I figure either we got unlucky with the current/wind direction that day, or we went to a bad spot. (We turned right and went over the bridge as you are facing the island - we did that because I had read it was less crowded. Turns out we could've gone anywhere because there were big black clouds building in the distance and most everyone ran for the tenders and we ended up having the whole island almost to ourselves for half the afternoon!)

Anyway - my question: can you please suggest your favorite spot for snorkeling on Princess Cay and which way to go to get there?

Thanks!

Archived