Princess Cruises 10-12-08 New England

phisig255

Hi Fellow Cruisers!:)

Anyone going to Canada/ New England? I would appreciate any reviews or excursion tips. My wife and I are sailing our first Princess Cruise on the Caribbean Proncess 10-12-08. We booked a cabin already (Cat. AB Mini Suite through Costco Travel). I have started a Roll Call thread too, Please click here to join the Roll Call for this Cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=594435

Any ideas on what to expect on the ship? Any tips for reservations, spa, lounges, restaurants, etc.???

Thank you for your suggestions on ship board experience or shore excursions. We're planning to visit NYC for a few days prior to cruise as well. Any hotel suggestions for 4 star lodging? Deli? Restaurants? Shopping? Theatre?

Hope to find some fellow cruisers sailing October 12, 2008 to New England.:rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Patrick:D

Be sure and visit the Princess port of call board here and get involved in your roll call..if there's not one, start one! For NYC info be sure and visit the discussion forums on tripadvisor. Before you post questions there, read the sticky FAQ at the top of the forums...many questions are answered there. Fall is a high tourist season in NYC and hotel rooms easily run upwards to $400.00 per night. If you sign up for travel deals through various online sites, you'll find special rates occassionally. Many have luck with Priceline and betterbidding.com is a great site to help with securing a room through them. IMO, do not go for anything less than a 3* in NYC unless you read all traveler reviews and view photos on sites such as tripadvisor or frommers. There are some decent 2* but you have to be careful! Have a great trip!

Hi Fellow Cruisers!:)

Anyone going to Canada/ New England? I would appreciate any reviews or excursion tips. My wife and I are sailing our first Princess Cruise on the Caribbean Proncess 10-12-08. We booked a cabin already (Cat. AB Mini Suite through Costco Travel). I have started a Roll Call thread too, Please click here to join the Roll Call for this Cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=594435

Hope to find some fellow cruisers sailing October 12, 2008 to New England.:rolleyes:

Best Regards,

Patrick:D

We are sailing on Sea Princess on 10-13-2008! I have done the NYC round trip cruise on another line and the ports are great.. Boston on a weekday could be a "zoo" with traffic but otherwise all the ports are walkable and you can see and do a lot inexpensively. There are a lot of threads on here with good information and also check out the Canada Ports of Call board!

Hi Kim and Caroline,

Thanks for the hotel info. I've stayed befor at the Marriott Marquis... but I just checked...it's $520 nigt I think WOW! :mad: The last 2-3 years prices sure have jumped. Also planning to visit the Woodbury Commons in Harriman (Disicount Outlet). Does anyone have any advise best method to get there and bacK?

Regards,

Patrrick:)

Archived