Optomistic but aprehensive for POA

KeystoneCruiser

My family leaves for our cruise on the POA in the morning, so I wanted to say a couple of things. I have been a lurker as you call them on this board since March. I found this board through my TA. We were supposed to be on the America and got bumped and after we got our change information, he told me that several America cruisees were on this board. I would like to say thank you to all of you who have given us ideas, hints and suggestions on what to do to make this cruise a better experience in spite of the problems. I have especially appreciated the comments by Dawhitt, Wer3angels and JeConk as the most useful. Those 3 are the angels on this board. There were other good ideas that I have taken as well. Now as far as my cruise, we are going into this thing apprehensive but optomistic. Obviously there are problems on board this ship but regardless of the reasons, there is nothing that I can do to change them. I can try to avoid some of them by going to dinner early, skipping desert, etc. We don't plan on spending any more money on board. As far as shore excursions, we have cars in all except for the one shore excursion that I booked through the ship. I am also going in armed with the knowledge that others have had their service charges reduced or onboard credit granted and I will use that as well. I am looking at the POA as a floating hotel in Hawaii, nothing more, but in Hawaii, who needs more! I will give a full report upon our return around the 31. Aloha and Mahalo.

Aloha KeystoneCruiser

I hope you have a great time. If attitude can make a good vacation then I'm sure you will have one, as you seem to have done all your homework and to be prepared to work around any problems. I hope mother nature gives you great weather and the beauty of Hawaii rewards all your efforts to organize this trip.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you when you return.

Sounds like you are prepared. Best of luck, and I'm happy that I was able to help you out in some small way. Look forward to reading your post when you return. Sorry I didn't finish mine before you left. It will DEFINTELY be posted on Friday.

Hi KeystoneCruiser ..

Maybe we will run into each other .. We leave Saturday out of San Jose California for the 8/22 POA cruise ..

From one lurker to another, I share your comments, apprehension, optimism, and thanks to the other posters ..

We are in connecting staterooms BB0233 and BB0234, after similarly having our original booking on the Pride of America ..

David, Donna, Darren and Dustin

---

Disney Wonder (December 31, 1999 Millennium Sailing)

Rhine River

Southern Carribean

Bahamas

Mexico

Vancouver

Nooooooooooooo,

I am too late to catch you, but DON'T do it!!! Don't skip dessert!!! Skip the salad, the soup, the appetizer....even the main course....ANYTHING but the dessert!!

As you may be able to tell, I have found NCL desserts (in the dining rooms) to be the culinary highlights of my vacations.

I hope you have a nice cruise and a wonderful overall Hawaii experience. All this talk of Hawaii and all of the pictures that have been shared here are getting me excited about the prospect of Hawaii!

My thought exactly! If the food turns out to be as bad as everyone says, I'll skip the main course but definitely have ONE OR TWO DESSERTS! Since we stay overnight in Kauai and Maui, we'll probably check out local restaurants for dinner, so I know we'll have good food at some sometimes for dinner! I'm going on POA March 6, 2005 with 6 other ladies. It's my first trip to Hawaii and I'm also using the ship as transportation around the islands and don't plan to spent a lot of time on the ship, so we're going to have a great time! Will spend another week in Oahu afterwards and can't wait!!!

Archived