Poa, Port Question

mew1

Does anyone know know what is the earliest we can drop off our luggage at the port. I know the previous passengers have till ten to get off. We will be coming from a hotel by the airport and would love to get rid of our luggage we will not have a car, using Roberts shuttle. DH wants to climb diamond head.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

mew1:)

Does anyone know know what is the earliest we can drop off our luggage at the port. I know the previous passengers have till ten to get off. We will be coming from a hotel by the airport and would love to get rid of our luggage we will not have a car, using Roberts shuttle. DH wants to climb diamond head.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

We'll be in a similar situation. I asked the hotel and they will keep our luggage in a secure area after we check out. I didn't want to be hauling the luggage all over the place either.

I'd suggest that you check with your hotel and do what LakeErieLady is doing. First of all, if you're staying in Waikiki, you'd have to double back to get down to Diamond Head because it's at the south end of Waikiki and the pier is a bit north. Second, you won't have to worry about getting from the pier to Diamond Head, just from your hotel, which will be much easier (even by bus, although you do have to walk in about 3/4 of a mile, and back again, from the bus stop to where you start the Diamond Head hike). Third, you want to do the Diamond Head hike as early as possible, and even then you must bring water, preferably wear a hat, and wear sunscreen. The later in the morning/day, the hotter it is doing the hike. I seriously doubt you could leave your luggage at the port early enough to get to Diamond Head as early as you should.

So, I suggest that you get up early, have breakfast, take a taxi to Diamond Head (most expedient) or take The Bus, do an early hike, head back to the hotel, freshen up, and check out. If you go early enough, you'll get back before most checkout times. If that doesn't work, then checkout before your hike and have the hotel bell desk store your luggage for you. Either way, you're then good to go for your Robert's shuttle to the pier.

beachchick

THANK YOU SO MUCH

To be more direct, I don't think you can drop your luggage off at the ship until about noon. I was on POH but I think they are all about the same.

Thanks for the info, looks like I will send hubby off to his climbing adventure, then when he comes back shower, and change, then it will be time to drop off luggage, go to Dukes (I heard it is a must see), check waikiki beach and then go to ship for check in and lunch. It is so wonderful how helpful all our CC people are.

mahalo

Mew1:)

Archived