St.VINCENT A SECRET ISLAND

KEITJE

• 1 month later...
We stopped at St. Vincent & went to the beach...we did not feel safe there so we took the same cab back to the ship. Princess then stopped going to that island.

Too bad, Jayne. St. Vincent is a hidden treasure and an eco-tourist's paradise with attractions such as volcano hikes, waterfalls, the oldest botanical garden in the western hemisphere, rainforest gardens in the North (Montreal Gardens), the set for Port Royal as used in "Pirates", breathtaking agricultural valleys, a bamboo factory, Black Carib villages, spectacular sea vistas along the east and west coasts, some (not many) beaches, excellent diving and snorkelling...I could go on and on.

Kingstown, the capital where the cruiseships dock is busy and bustling...a real West Indian city, not a tourist town. It can put people off but look beneath the surface...people are friendly, helpful and proud. I've been going to the island for over 30 years and love it.

We have visited St. Vincent three times now. Lovely little island. Great tour guide we use over and over again. Some sailings will still stop there, but most need to be about 10-14 days in length for it to be on the itineary. Love St. Vincent, would return anytime I have the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could but there isn't a website to even look at. We found him when we booked through a large agency many years ago, and have contacted him privately for a water tour each time we have returned to St. Vincent. He always takes our group for a fabulous day with lunch at the Pirates of the Caribbean Movie set.

If you do a search for 'Wayne's Tour in St. Vincent' on this forum, it should pull up the information on how to contact him by email, and then he calls you on the phone from St. Vincent.

But, remember, this is a water tour only, so, no land trip involved.

if you like snorkeling try Indigo tours. They're on the web. Three stops (including where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed - you get to walk among the sets.) Very friendly people.

The island? Utterly gorgeous.

The main port is a real working town. They don't give a darn about tourists, but aren't necessarily rude. They just go about their business.

Archived