Tragedy in Ketchikan Alaska

Sadly, a terrible tragedy has hit close to home. Two couples were killed when their plan crashed while on a excursion from the Sun Priness. One couple was from Massachusetts, a firefighter who retired in 2002. Worcester firefighter Paul J. McManus, 60, and his wife Marianne M. McManus, 56, of Leicester, MA. Marianne McManus’s sister, Jeanne J. Eddy, and her husband William F. Eddy, both 59, were also killed. The Eddys had a residence in Baltimore, MD, and also lived in Jacksonville, FL. Pilot Joseph H. Campbell, 56, of Ketchikan also was killed :( He survived a terrible tragedy that killed 6 Worceter firefighters in 1999.

Here is a local story and photos of the firefighter http://www.telegram.com/article/2007...ERT01/70725002

So very sad. I was born and raised in Worcester so this hits close to home. Firefighters are a very close group and our men and women on the Worcester force have seen their share of tragedy. My prayers go out to the families and all the brave Firefighters of our great city.

So very sad. I was born and raised in Worcester so this hits close to home. Firefighters are a very close group and our men and women on the Worcester force have seen their share of tragedy. My prayers go out to the families and all the brave Firefighters of our great city.

Massfriends, I agree. I live in the city and knew the family. I have friends and family in the WFD. Growing up here you know how close knit this community is. I couldn't believe it whwn I saw it on the news. My prayers go out to the friends and family of these two families.:(

Massfriends, I agree. I live in the city and knew the family. I have friends and family in the WFD. Growing up here you know how close knit this community is. I couldn't believe it whwn I saw it on the news. My prayers go out to the friends and family of these two families.:(

Hey Redsoxfan and Massfriends, I have to agree with your posts as well. I too and from MA (by way of South Boston and have a lot of family of Boston Fire.) I lost a good friend who I was closer with than my own brother at the horrific 1999 Worcester fire. I pray they did not know what was happening and it was quick.:(

Hey Redsoxfan and Massfriends, I have to agree with your posts as well. I too and from MA (by way of South Boston and have a lot of family of Boston Fire.) I lost a good friend who I was closer with than my own brother at the horrific 1999 Worcester fire. I pray they did not know what was happening and it was quick.:(

I don't mean to hijack the thread so please forgive me. gomeztravel, I knew several of those guys in the Worcester fire. Joe McGuirk was a friend of the family and did our renovations of our home. My DS and Tom Spencer's kids were friends at SPM at the time of his death. I live a couple miles from the site and still think of those guys everytime I drive by the Cold Storage area. I think Denis Leary stepping up to the plate and raising all this money for fire departments is a blessing that came out of the tragedy. As famous as Denis is, you can't take the boy out of Worcester. We truly are a great community when things get tough.

I don't mean to hijack the thread so please forgive me. gomeztravel, I knew several of those guys in the Worcester fire. Joe McGuirk was a friend of the family and did our renovations of our home. My DS and Tom Spencer's kids were friends at SPM at the time of his death. I live a couple miles from the site and still think of those guys everytime I drive by the Cold Storage area. I think Denis Leary stepping up to the plate and raising all this money for fire departments is a blessing that came out of the tragedy. As famous as Denis is, you can't take the boy out of Worcester. We truly are a great community when things get tough.

No apologizes needed. I am glad that we both can understand how close this hits to home. I haven't been able to go near Wista since the memorial service. I am going to Amherst Aug 10th to participate in the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics. I have plans to meet with Jerry's family (Leary's cousin) and go to the site of the future memorial park. I hope I can hold it together. I volunteered at Leary's last fundraiser, I heard he is having another soon for more equipment. Sorry, now I am hijacking my own post...:confused:

What a tragedy. My prayers go out to the familes of the passengers and the pilot.

We flew last month on a Beaver de Havilland plane to Misty Fjords with a different company. We had a wonderful trip and I cannot comprehend how terrifying it must have been for them.

Cinnamon

Archived