Nachi Cocum Questions

Rowan555

We're considering Nachi Cocum for a family trip this December, and I have some questions for those of you who have been there.

First, are tips included in the excursion price, or are you expected to tip each time you order food or drink?

Second, I see that a three course lunch is included. My children tend to get hungry every few hours while at the beach, so it's likely they would want some chips and salsa or something else to snack on either before or after their lunch. Would this be an additional charge, or is it included?

Thanks! The only thing we've done that's similar to this was Sunset Beach in Montego Bay, and tips were included and you could eat at any time, with no limits - I'm just not sure if Nachi Cocum has similar policies.

I've been before and I dont remember having to tip at all. The food I remember was set out for a good period of time, I am going back in August so I can check if you would have to pay for food at other times. SOmeone else may have the answer here on the boards. I brought my son and he didn't go hungry. It is a very nice place. I can't wait to go back.

Hi...we were there in March & loved it so much we are booked again for this coming January. From the moment you get there, someone is offering you cold drinks. Beer, bottled water...anything you want! They came around to our beach chairs & brought drinks to us whenever we wanted. The only time we had to leave our chairs was for lunch!! That was served from a menu..lots of things to choose from..Mexican and American choices. Order whatever you want, eat as much as you want. It was not a buffet like Sunset Beach. I can not recommend this place enough! It was spotlessly clean, well staffed with friendly helpful folks. We did not tip extra for drinks or lunch as we felt this was an all-inclusive place. Taxi's were not a problem either way. Have a great day there!! Trish

Food for the day is included. Make sure you try the guacamole. It's amazing!

The workers will bend over backwards to get you whatever you want. We didn't tip after every drink/food serving but at the end of the day we left a generous tip for our waiter. He worked so hard all day! He anticipated our needs and met them before we even had to ask. They aren't paid like we are so we made sure to take care of him.

One word of caution: there weren't any kids there when we went. I know there are a few sometimes but if your kids are looking to be around a lot of other kids, they may be disappointed.

Have a great trip!

One word of caution: there weren't any kids there when we went. I know there are a few sometimes but if your kids are looking to be around a lot of other kids, they may be disappointed.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the warning. I think we'll pass on Nachi Cocum. My kids LOVE to make friends at the beach - bury each other, make sand castles, swim together, etc. Back to Paradise Beach it is!!!

how much is the all inclusive? what all is included? do they have massages?

It's $49 for adults. I don't know about massages - but if you're going to Costa Maya you can get a $20 hour long massage at the beach!

Which beach is that on? Sounds great!!

In Costa Maya you just walk to the exit of the port area and take a bus ($3pp) to Mahahual - the buy might let you off at Tequila Beach Club, which is what they sometimes do - just walk on down the sand road and you will come to Cat's Meow and lots of other bars and restaurants. Most of them offer very reasonable massages.

We tipped our waiter at the end of the day. He had worked so hard to make our day wonderful. We kept moving around from the beach to the pool to the hotub, he made an effort to locate us just to inform us that it was lunchtime and that food was available. We did have to find him when we were ready to leave in order to tip him. He was not waiting at the door with his hand out.

There were not very many children.

They had a swim up bar that was really nice, too.

We just got back from our cruise. We went to Nachi Cocum. I would highly recommend it! My daughter is 10 and she had a great time. She loved being able to order food and drinks when she wanted. She had virgin Pina coladas, shirley temples, soda, water.....the price was $49 per person and my daughter was $12, all inclusive. They have a menu to order off of. They said it was three items per person(like one appetizer, one salad, and one entree) but it didn't really matter. We ordered chips and guac (fabulous by the way) and nachos a few times, as well as entrees. The portions were plenty. They were very friendly and helpful. The pool was really nice and the swim up bar was great. They have someone who offers snorkle trips, wave runners, parasail rides...and they also had a massage tent right on the beach. We didn't do anything but enjoy the beach, pool, food and drinks. It wasn't crowded at all. There were a few kids there. The staff was right there whenever you needed something. We didn't tip as we ordered, but we did tip the bartender, Jose, when we left. He was great! He made us all kinds of drinks, don't know what they were called, but they were tasty:D When we were ready to go, they called a cab for us and it was there within like 2 minutes. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there again.

I can't WAIT-- We are doing NC for our upcoming cruise!! I plan on doing the massage and hopefully I will still have the nerve to parasail!! I'm a chicken but I want to do something out of my realm... parasailing is relatively safe, right??

Also, are the waverunner rentals expensive? I know my DBF would love to do that.

I'm so excited :)

Husband and daughter have both done it...but I am too chicken. I fear the landing may be too hard on my bad knee. They both say I am crazy. DH landed gently on a platform on the boat. DD landed gently on the beach. Hope you have fun!

A thread on TA says this beach is closed to the public. Is it closed or is it not closed?

It's closed to the public, but it's open to cruise passengers who book ahead of time. Supposedly people can't just walk up and pay to enter - although I've heard of this happening anyway.

We went to Nachi Cocom last Thursday. Our day was absolute paradise. If you're looking for a place that is not crowded, has a pool, and beach this is the place to go.

I did see that there were jetski rentals as well as parasailing, but with 2 little girls I did not do these activities. I also saw a hut that had massages, but I don't know what the prices were.

The food was terrific! I had Nachos and fajitas. The girls had fried cheese, a chicken sandwich, and chicken tacos. They didn't care for the fried cheese as it was a different kind of cheese than they are used to, but I thought it was good.

The day we were there there were about 5 kids. 2 of them were mine. They had a great time playing with each other. They really loved the swim up bar wear they could order their kid version of the strawberry colada.

Anyway, it was a wonderful day! I know I will go back again when I visit Cozumel.

Archived