A couple newbie questions

StarmanLars

First off I want to say hello to everyone. My first post here, and planning a St. Lucia trip in 2009!

My wife and I have never set foot off the US mainland, so I will have questions I would like to post here once in a while.

First question which should be an easy question for most of you. What is duty free shopping? And how can it help my trip be a better one?

Also we havent had the chance to try much different cuiseane, from not ever being out of the country. I have poured over hours of pictures on the net of St. Lucia and I have seen a pic of a resterant very close to one of the Pitons. Its called Dasheen Bar at Ladora. Do they serve food here? If not is there a resterant just as close to the Pitons to eat at? The view from the bar looks to be remarkable. I would love to spend some time there on my trip.

Duty free means no sales taxes. There is a limit on the amount of duty free purchases you can bring back into the US (without being taxed). We're not big shoppers when vacationing so the limit has never affected us. We were only in St. Lucia for the day but loved the island. It is lush and beautiful. Enjoy your time there.

Archived