Calgary airport question...

I will be finished with a Canadian Rockies tour at 10:00 am at Calgary airport. I then need to catch a flight to Vancouver where I will be staying one night pre-cruise. My question is this: Is the 10:00 am arrival far enough in advance to book a 12:00pm flight? The next flight leaves at 1:10. I'd rather have that extra hour to spend in Vancouver, then at the airport in Calgary. If the 12:00 flight is cutting it too close, then reluctantly, I'll book the 1:10. (The tour brochure states to" leave at least 2 hours for check-in" prior to flight)

All opinions appreciated, to help me make up my mind. Thanks in advance, Anita

I've travelled through Calgary a lot; I would say if you are sure you'll be back from your excursion by 10am, a noon flight is MORE than enough time. You would need 2 hours if you were flying from Calgary to a U.S. city, but you are only going to Vancouver and will have PLENTY of time.....as long as you are at the Calgary airport by 10am. I promise.:)

Agree with YKgorbie, as long as you are at the airport by 10:00 (could push it to 10:30) you should be okay. However, if you are returning a rental car, then you would need more time in which to return the car. If you are being dropped off by tour bus, then 1.5 to 2 hours is plenty of time.

I just flew from Calgary to the US last week on an "international" flight, and even allowing for a U.S. customs stop at the airport, two hours was still plenty of time. I think we cleared everything in an hour on a 10:45am flight. I know my friends went on an early morning (7:00am) flight and the airport was completely different - packed and frantic.

The reason the airport was "packed and frantic" early in the morning is because for some stupid reason there are more flights to the US scheduled between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. than the entire rest of the day. Really bad planning by the airlines.

Thanks again folks. The tour group assured me that they are always at airport by 10:00 and that at 12:00 flight is fine, especially when it is not a flight to US. I just wanted to hear that from members of this board as well. Anita

Archived