Documents online vs. hard copy

barvn

What is the advantage of printing out your own documents and luggage tags vs. letting Carnival send everything to you in a package. I am just curious. I recently went on RCCL and I did print out the sailpass but everything else including my luggage tags were sent to me. I called carnival and they said I could do the same. So I was just wondering, what benefits do you get doing it on your own?

Primary benefit is that you can access them right away and don't have to wait for the mail wondering where they are; also, you can save them on your PC and print extra docs/luggage tags whenever you like; and you don't have to worry about misplacing the docs, since you can always print another.

Primary benefit is that you can access them right away and don't have to wait for the mail wondering where they are; also, you can save them on your PC and print extra docs/luggage tags whenever you like; and you don't have to worry about misplacing the docs, since you can always print another.

That was my motivation exactly.

I've go the documents printed, stuffed in my cruise folder along with a few other things I'm sure I'll misplace.

I figure that I'll have to print my docs a couple more times before I cruise in September... :D

No difference from the cruise line aspect. for the consumer, having them on line, you get them quicker, can print out multiple luggage tags.

Having the solid booking.... book is a great experience that we enjoy, save and scrap book... when I get around to it.

Neither is more important or works easier with boarding... it's all in the buyers choices on holding the "book", or simply printing out what you need.

The document booklet is a wonderful souvenir. It is always a thrill finding it in the mail. But it is completely unnecessary. Eventually cruising will be E-ticket just like flying. This is simply the first step in the conversion.

People like having docs. :D

Archived