Question about onboard lectures

I am curious about the lectures given on the ships. Are they well attended? Are they usually about the upcoming ports or just general interest topics?

If you have gone to some, what have been the best?

With so many activities available onboard I'm just wondering what to choose as there is no way to do everything.

progress.gif

I assume you are referring to the port lecturer.

Technocally they do not work for the cruise lines. They work for a company that is paid by the various stores that they recommend

With that said and if you have never been to these ports before I would say that it is worth going to. The stores they recommend are all good store and reliable. Their are many other store that are just as good and just as reliable so don't get snowed that you can only buy in the recommended store. They usually have a pretty good attendence. The lecturers can be fun and they usually have a drawing giving away some items.

At a minimum you will learn what items are best purchased on what island

They use to have excursion lecturers but that has been replaced by tha TV. You can view the port lecturer and the excursions on the TV in your cabin. You can also go to the excursion desk and discuss the various excursions avaialable.

Hope this helps

There are other lectures on the ships. I have gone to two of them on different cruises. The first one was a historical look at the Mayan people that was given by a teacher. The second was on fly fishing ( hubby wanted to go so I joined him) Both were very informative and interesting.

I would check your daily and if it is something that interests you it would be time well spent.

Archived