Should I be worried? Carvival says booking on hold?

OK I check my documents and it says booking on hold. Now I realize the booking is in October, and its july. However I call Carnival b/c it says too. They tell me they can only discuss it with the TA. So we contact the TA b/c its a group cruise and they tell her there is nothing showing it should be on hold not to worry. Yet on the site it continues to say your booking is on hold.

What should I do?

I've heard that with group bookings, sometimes your booking shows to be on hold until the entire group is paid up. Another possible issue could be if your final payment has not been made. Neither of these is a real problem though.

Have the same thing showing up on our October Elation cruise. Final has been paid, as evidenced by my CC statement with an entry to Carnival for the amount of the final, and I was also told that our booking, by the new agent I booked with, that we are in a group. So it must have something to do with that, and to tell you the truth, I'm not going to worry about it, if and until it gets to be the first part of October and/or I can't print out my E-docs at that time. You can bet, being a seasoned cruiser, with 35 cruises in 18 years, at that time I will be on the phone to the agent asking for an explanation.

I can't imagine that a group, booking with this same agency wouldn't have to pay their final at the same time I did, so I'm not sure if I agree with that explanation that every one of the group has to make final before the booking is released. That is unless a group booking can consist of several agencies at once, which is not my understanding of a group booking.

After reading Hockylvrs thread and the other responses here I am more relieved. We are cruising on October 25th so maybe its just something stupid like making sure the entire group is paid up sign and sail or something stupid.

Thanks

Ricky

Ours still says this too. We also are part of a group booking. I KNOW everyone in our group has paid in full. So I called Carnival and talked to the group dept. She said it will say that until 30 days before the cruise. We can print out our e-docs then and the message will be gone. We sail Sept. 2nd so I will let you know in about a week if that is true or not....

Howards girl is correct. This is what I received from my TA

It will say that for about another month. Although the group members are paid in full, the group as a whole is not paid in full by Crucon. We back up the final payment date by 30 days so that we can be sure everyone’s names are spelled correctly, that they are in the right category etc…once we accomplish this, Crucon will pay the group in full…then you will be able to view your reservation.

Our final payment was due on June 25th (I think) so according to her we should be able to see everything by August 1st.

Archived