Dr. Cave Beach

BBG

I found a couple of older threads about this beach but not much info. Has anyone been to Doctor's Cave Beach recently? Is the beach worth visiting when you are in port at Montego Bay? We were thinking about taking a tour but then decided we might just like a beach day. Is the snorkeling any good?

Thanks for any feedback.

I found a couple of older threads about this beach but not much info. Has anyone been to Doctor's Cave Beach recently? Is the beach worth visiting when you are in port at Montego Bay? We were thinking about taking a tour but then decided we might just like a beach day. Is the snorkeling any good?

Thanks for any feedback.

I've not visited from a cruise but I've spent quite a bit of time at Breezes, Montego Bay, which is on Doctor's Cave Bay. It's a beautiful white sand beach. The water is warm, inviting and crystal clear. I've never known the beach to be crowded.

I'd try it if I was you.

We visited in 05 and it was very relaxing, not very crowded and the employee's were great. We did not snorkle however the water was very clear. We went here to get away from all the harassement we got in the shopping area. There was a young man who was in charge of the chairs and umbrellas that shared alot of the culture and history of Jamaica with us. We did have lunch on the beach as well the jerk chicken was great! The worst thing was leaving the beach at the entrance / exit there had to of been 20 cab drivers in our face and some rather forceful. :mad: But we had to keep in mind that we cruised the weeks following Katrina and Rita and according to the locals they missed out on some business.

Have a great time - we are returning this Sept.

Thank-you both for replies. It sounds like I will go ahead and plan to visit the beach. I am definitely looking for a less crowded, relaxing spot...a beach chair, some sand, and a scenic spot to relax for the day. I would like to snorkel but have my own equipment. There is a small charge I believe and then you can rent a beach chair (approx. $5), correct? Any idea how much a taxi would run from cruise ship pier? I read somewhere that you could get a shuttle for $12. The shuttle allowed you to visit other spots but I am not sure I really want to do much shopping in Jamaica the more I read.

I believe we paid $5 to get in and then $10 for chair & umbrella. We will shop again because they have wonderful prices on watches, caribbean hook braclets & pearls. We will shop again however we have 3 stores we will go to and leave for the beach from there. Enjoy!

Mrmrs - would you mind sharing the name of the stores and the location? Also, is there a grill or restaurant on the beach? If we went there all day, is there a place there or very close by to get a bite to eat? If so, do you know the likes of what they had and prices? Thanks for any info you can share on the beach!!

Mrmrs - would you mind sharing the name of the stores and the location? Also, is there a grill or restaurant on the beach? If we went there all day, is there a place there or very close by to get a bite to eat? If so, do you know the likes of what they had and prices? Thanks for any info you can share on the beach!!

We purchased a Tag for my DH at Casa de Oro at the city center building, this was a recommended store from Neil the supper shopper guy, we got paid under $800 for his tag. The Caribbean hook bracelets were at Tropicana Jewlers and the pearls I don't remember but it was on the same strip with the other two. We ate on the beach there was a waiter that brought us a menu while we were relaxing and delivered our food too! The food was good and very inexpensive.

Archived