Tell me about the Pearl

You will love this ship. Now if you are what your name indicates and you like to bowl, bring your own equipment. It's real fun, but the lanes are not regulation length. They are 5 foot shorter than a standard bowling alley. The games are $5.00 a game. Some think its expensive, but today in our area, that's about the going price.:)

The pool areas weren't crowded at all on our cruise -- but it was to Alaska :D . We thought the food was wonderful. In between our cruises on the Jewel in November, 2006 and the Pearl in May, 2007, the menus changes, and we felt they were definitely improved.

If you're interested in the specialty dining rooms, you will probably need to make reservations, which you can supposedly do by phoning from your room (but we never tried that) or by stopping at the reservations desk located in Mambo's, deck 8, midship.

The bowling is fun. We had a roll-call group from cruise critic that did have a tournament, which was a lot of fun. The alleys are shorter, as mentioned above, as is the approach. Those features, combined with the movement of the ship, definitely make it an interesting bowling experience.

I'm not a great bowler, but I'm not terrible. That being said, I needed the bumpers up on the sides of the lane. It was just felt so different for me and I was all messed up :)

The Pearl is awesome. You'll love it.

Our group had a great time at our tournament. I didn't bowl but I had a great time taking pictures and routing for our team. We use to bowl candlepins and I'm not sure if these hands could throw a small bowling ball now. :( Not sure who won but it was a lot of fun. If anyone is looking for some non smoking slot machines that's where you find them. :D I made a few stops there on my way to meet our friends on the pool deck. :eek:

Archived