Clothes?

sgail

We will be traveling to Bermuda this October on NCL's Crown. I'm so excited & would like to start thinking about what I'm going to take. For sightseeing - what would be appropriate to wear? Will it be too late for shorts? Would capri's be more appropriate or how about jogging suits?

I understand that the free style dining is less formal but should we plan on dressing up? - if yes, how dressy do people usually get?

October temps in Bermuda average in the 70's. If it were me, I'd pack more capris than shorts and just wait to see what the day looks like.

As for dining on the ship, it's very individual. We happened to have a lot of people who dressed on our cruise, but it doesn't always happen that way. I personally like to get dressed up and have some nice photos taken.

I didn't see but a couple of people who dressed really formal (ie: gowns and tuxes); most people just wore dressy outfits like you would to a nice restaurant, on formal night.

As long as you don't wear shorts, they'll let you in the dining room.

We will be traveling to Bermuda this October on NCL's Crown. I'm so excited & would like to start thinking about what I'm going to take. For sightseeing - what would be appropriate to wear? Will it be too late for shorts? Would capri's be more appropriate or how about jogging suits?

I understand that the free style dining is less formal but should we plan on dressing up? - if yes, how dressy do people usually get?

Have little to no experiences with freestyling dining.

The Oct. average temp in Bermuda for the last 6-8 years has been 80 degrees www.bermudashorts.bm/. We've gone the second week in Oct. the last 6 years and it has always been plenty warm. One year I even had to go and buy another pairs of short because I didn't take enough. Never found it too late for shorts.

Of course, Mother Nature could always decide to play a cruel joke.:)

If you're wondering about only the aspect of appropriateness of shorts versus capris, either is fine.

sgail,

Welcome to the forum!! There will probably only be two formal nights on your 7-day cruise. One will be the second night (at sea), and the other the evening of the day you leave Bermuda. The other nights are casual.

You will love Bermuda!:D

Archived