Buenos Aires Hotels

ClaudiaF

We stayed at Kempenski Park Central. A nice centrally located hotel. At first, we booked the Park Plaza, but changed to the Park Central and were glad we did. The Park Plaza is a nice hotel, but we wanted to be near the center of the city.

The rooms were nice, but not at all like a deluxe Hilton room. These hotels are small "boutique" type hotels, which we prefer.

The hotel even sent a car to the airport to pick us up (25.00?) and served a nice buffet style breakfast included. The staff were very nice, and the decor is stylish baroque. I am sure you have visited their web site to see pics.

I would certainly stay there again, and any of the Kempenski properties. They do a good job. We booked over the internet, and be advised that they have all sorts of deals.

What made you change to the Park central? did you happen to take a peak inside the Park Chateau? We are havng a hard time figuring out the difference of the hotels as they have 4 there but concentrating on the Recolleta area.

Thanks for any help.

What was the room like , which category did you book..( we also booked the package on internet)..

Claudia: we changed primarily because of location, and also the pricing at the Central was a little less expensive. I do not remember what catagory we booked there, but it was the cheapest. Also, we changed because we were meeting everyone from the CC board at Cafe Tortino, which was within walking distance from Central.

Two of the other CC'ers stayed at the Park Plaza and said it was nice, but a taxi ride away from our meeting place. They got the package deal: a dinner, breakfast (which we got too), and the limo from the airport. (which we paid for extra). All the hotels look nice. The room was typical of an "older European" hotel. Very high ceilings, and with some antique furniture. It was not by any means deluxe. The bathroom was updated and very modern. We were only there for one night, but some of our friends were there for a week and said they really enjoyed the staff and location. I would stay there again if we ever visit BA again.

Archived